cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

tonymif
Adept I

fTPM on new processor

Just replaced my CPU with a new processor. Now I get this on startup every time. I never had Bitlocker or encryption as far as I know. I have been pressing N each time and everything runs normally. How do I get rid of this message?

tonymif_0-1661293798670.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
tonymif
Adept I

After verifying Bitlocker was not installed, and that no other TPM was on I pressed Y and the message is gone. Seems simple but make sure to verify the Bitlocker/TPM status first

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

well ... it tells you right there what to do, lol

"Press Y to reset fTPM"

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

I see the Y option. My concern is that something was installed on the old system that will prevent boot up if  press it.

0 Likes

If you updated bios for new processor, then maybe it has enabled ftpm by default.

You should check with motherboard support/forum, just to be sure 'Y' will not cause an issue. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

tonymif,  saw the same message after upgrading to the latest BIOS. I went into BIOS and disabled TPM and one more option.  I assume this will stop the message. I do not have a TPM currently installed. Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I had the same thing happen to me when I upgraded my 5800x to a 5900x .. I don't use bitlocker or encryption either .. I just hit Y and moved on

ThreeDee PC specs

Well i hit Y & thought i'd move on, but instead it corrupted my windows somehow & now i just get a Reboot or enter boot media message. Sometimes just a blinking _ . So i made a boot usb went into command prompt /nt60 c: /mbr & it worked for like a restart or so. Now its back to doing it again a day later.  So now i gotta figure out if thier is a way to fix it without re-installing windows all over again. I really really hate ftpm just as much as i hate windows 11.. Anyways if anyone has any idea's i'd apreatiate it, I assume re-installing Win10 would work.

tonymif
Adept I

After verifying Bitlocker was not installed, and that no other TPM was on I pressed Y and the message is gone. Seems simple but make sure to verify the Bitlocker/TPM status first

0 Likes