cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

pengguna_AMD
Adept I

FSB:DRAM asynch

My laptop has an amd athlon gold 3150U 2400hz ddr4, and 4gb ram is embedded in the motherboard, and there is one empty slot, so i fill it whit 8gb ram ddr4 2400hz kingston fury, then when i open cpu-z it says FSB:DRAM asynch is that normal and what can i do??

0 Likes
1 Reply
Wasterem
Journeyman III

If CPU-Z is showing "FSB:DRAM asynch" in your laptop's configuration, it means that the Front Side Bus (FSB) frequency and the memory frequency (DRAM) are running asynchronously. This is a common occurrence in many computer systems and does not necessarily indicate a problem.

In your case, the AMD Athlon Gold 3150U processor has an integrated memory controller that supports DDR4-2400 memory. The memory frequency of your Kingston Fury RAM is also DDR4-2400. However, the FSB frequency and memory frequency may not be synchronized, resulting in an asynchronous configuration.

There are a few reasons why the FSB and memory frequencies may run asynchronously:

Platform design: Some computer systems have the FSB and memory frequencies set to run asynchronously to optimize performance or power consumption.

System limitations: The laptop's motherboard or BIOS may impose restrictions on the memory and FSB frequencies, causing them to run asynchronously.

Mixed memory configurations: Mixing different RAM modules with varying frequencies or timings can also lead to mymilestonecard asynchronous operation.

In terms of performance, running in asynchronous mode does not necessarily indicate a significant impact. However, it's generally recommended to have the FSB and memory frequencies running synchronously for optimal performance.

To address the "FSB:DRAM asynch" configuration, here are a few suggestions:

Check BIOS settings: Enter your laptop's BIOS/UEFI settings and see if there are any options related to memory frequency or synchronization. Some systems allow you to manually adjust memory settings, including synchronization options. However, be cautious when making changes in the BIOS, as incorrect settings can lead to instability.

Update BIOS: Ensure that your laptop's BIOS is up to date. Manufacturers often release BIOS updates that address compatibility issues and improve system performance.

Verify RAM compatibility: Ensure that the new Kingston Fury RAM module is compatible with your laptop and its existing embedded RAM. Check the laptop's documentation or contact the manufacturer to verify compatibility.

Consider identical RAM modules: For optimal performance and compatibility, it's recommended to use identical RAM modules (same frequency, capacity, and timing) in all memory slots. If possible, consider replacing the existing embedded RAM module with a matching Kingston Fury module to achieve synchronous operation.

It's worth noting that the impact of asynchronous operation on everyday tasks may be minimal, and you may not notice a significant performance difference in most scenarios. However, if you require maximum performance or are experiencing specific issues related to memory performance, you may want to explore the suggestions mentioned above.

If you are uncertain about making changes to BIOS settings or need further assistance, it's advisable to consult with the laptop manufacturer's support or seek help from a qualified technician.

I hope you like my answer thank you.

Best regards,

[ westerm ]

0 Likes