Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

chanu_9873
Adept I

Re: facing ram speed issue

What evidence could I post,

I only noticed it by playing games and my fps is lower than before,

Actually I watched a YouTube video where the difference between 2400mhz ram and 2667mhz is 10-12 fps in games ,

I thought my games would  runbetter if I get faster ram but now the scene has reversed I've lost 10-12 fps instead of gaining it.

What should I do now.

0 Likes
chanu_9873
Adept I

I've used xmp profile and set my ram running to 2993mhz,

But my gaming performance degraded compared to my previous 2400mhz ram that's why I'm worried,

And every thing shows my ram in half speeds,

Please check my userbenchmark screen shot ,

It says my ram is clocked at 1457 mhz.

0 Likes
misterj
Exemplar

chanu_9873, you have never posted a screenshot of RM as requested above, so I have nothing to consider.  There is the place to start!  I would suggest running a benchmark like Cinebench and screenshot of RM and post it.  We'll start there.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes
smoggy
Journeyman III

right iam haveing the same problme bios is oc to 2800mh its sez its at 2800mh in task manerger it sez 1400mh i got 2 4gb sticks  so i was play rust frame rate just droped to 1fps fro 3mins or so then kicked ithink i no what this problem is caused by its the new update from microsofft version 1903 no problems with version 1809 been up all night triying to sort this go to windows box type comand prompt and type winver it will tell you see it you can download windows version 1809 to sort this dont no what to do when were forced install version 1903  i thort i would shear this with you at firs windows task manager sez 2800mh but now 1400mh 

0 Likes
josephredmon
Journeyman III

It is very strange how much information / mis information is out there on DDR4 and Windows 10.  I have seen all the way up to 3600MHZ working IN the task manager on my MSI X399 SLI+.  It didn't last long BTW.  I have purchased the following kits and tried them:

1. Corsair Dominator Platinum - CMD16GX4M4C3200C16 (got working at 3200MHZ until recently, now just 1600)

2. Corsair Dominator RGB - CMT32GX4M4C3600C18 (got to 3466 pathetically / partially stable?)

3. Gskill SniperX - F4-3600C19Q-32GSXKB (3400MHZ kinda stable)

4. Gskill FlareX - F4-3200C14D-16GFX (refuses to show up past 1600mhz)  (XMP profile 1 = 1473mhz)

MistirJ is exactly CORRECT.  DO NO BELIEVE WHAT YOU READ ON THE INTERNET.  IF, you are brave enough to try DDR4 and X399, PLEASE understand it most likely won't work as advertised.

IF, you try and troubleshoot these matters you will get your intelligence insulted via an infinite amount of search results simply stating "Turn on your XMP Profile...duh brah".  If people that spent thousands of dollars building their own computers and OBVIOUSLY have an affinity for the technology are searching for answers (THERE ARE 1000s of these posts where people desperately want their RAM to function inside of Windows 10)... who in their right mind spends the time to reply to a post with "It's so simple brah, turn on your XMP and you can get 1600MHZ too".

Which is exactly what Corsair and GSkill will eventually respond to your support request with.  "See 1600MHZ is exactly what you are supposed to be getting sir.  Because, you see 1600x2 is 3200.  You see, its DDR so its double."  Which is pretty much all I see on this thread too.  Knuckle heads that don't understand THIS IS A REAL PROBLEM affecting NUMEROUS people that have spent thousands of dollars trying to get the most out of their platforms.

AMD, PLEASE get ahold of your mother board manufactures and the ONE guy you obviously have writing drivers and FIGURE OUT why people cannot get RAM working at the correct speeds it was intended.  PLEASE do not ask me if I have my XMP profiles enabled.  AMD needs to figure out why I have seen and cannot any longer see anything past 1600MHZ in my task manager and CPUZ.  It DOES affect game performance and many other issues. 

The only way you are getting out of this, is if you have a signed statement from Microsoft that says in recent Windows 10 updates "we decided to reference the DDR clock speed in our task manager RAM speed results differently".  Because as far as I can tell, this X399 platform is buggier than the rain forest and somebody needs to get slapped.  THEN there needs to be a comprehensive guide list of Motherboards and WHAT RAM works with them.

0 Likes