Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Philey
Adept I

EXPO issue - PC won't start

Hi guys,

I got a 7700X with an Asus B650E Strix board.

It works fine until I activate EXPO for my g.Skills 6000Mhz CL32 2x16 Kit.

Then it restarts once and is stuck with no video signal and Dram LED lights orange.

I bought another Corsair 6000mhz memory kit and the issue stayed. Latest BIOS is installed.

The highest speed that it starts with is 5000 mhz.

Do I have to wait for another BIOS Update or is my MoBo or CPU defective?

0 Likes
5 Replies
babamioseng
Adept I

same here, 

Try to reset / clear CMOS

ryzen 7700X with g.Skills 6000Mhz CL32 2x16 Kit, mobo MSI 650 MAG Mortar WIfi,

when i enable expo, my pc suddenly shutdown when playing MW2 Warzone, PC shutdown only the RAM stick RGB still on, can't turn it of or reset via button, had to turn off and on the PSU.

done update the BIOS but still the same,

i'm stable running without EXPO with 2 memory stick, with default memory speed at 4800,

hopefully we can get the answer about this issue.

0 Likes
Philey
Adept I

My 6000 Corsair is running with the Expo II Profile on 5600. Everything stable as well while gaming. 

I tried 1.4v instead of the Expo 1.35v but above 5600 it won't start.

xlox
Forerunner

maybe related to bios early version yeah ... you can try to set timings manually without expo, the only purpose of expo/xmp/docp is to set timings, but you can do it manually, just find the right main values for your ram ..

0 Likes
Nanners
Journeyman III

I am still having this issue. How were you able to turn off expo without the PC posting? I can not access the BIOS since it just sits there with the red and yellow indicators on. Any help would be really appreciated! Especially with the Reddit blackout going on right now…

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Some memory sticks were "booted" out of QVL during the last BIOS revisions. Be sure to check them again.

Try following some of my steps in this video

Setting Memory Context Restore to disabled helps sometimes.
Try increasing CAS latency or reducing speed. Check if they are properly installed according manual.

If you can't access BIOS, clear CMOS.

The Englishman
0 Likes