cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

dennisf19
Journeyman III

Does the wraith prism cooler for a ryzen 9 3900x come with the thermal paste/ pad already on the cooler

Just being careful. Does the wraith prism cooler supplied with processor already come prepped with thermal paste/ pad.

5 Replies

Yes, it comes with a Pre-applied Themal paste on it. Most Users remove the Pre-applied Themal Paste and apply their own High Quality Thermal Paste which is probably of better quality.

From YouTube video showing the unpacking of Ryzen 3900X with Wraith Prism shows the Pre-applied Thermal paste on it: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X Unboxing and Measure of Wraith Prism - YouTube 

0 Likes
moogwai1983
Journeyman III

Can I use cooler from AM2 socket on AM4 ? Thermaltake TMG A1 . Processor Ryzen 5 3600 on MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max . Help please.

0 Likes

Your best bet would be to ask Thermaltake. Some am2 - am3+ coolers that just clip on work. Others that require brackets work also but most require new brackets, while many others no new brackets are available. 

There are plenty of cheaper 3rd party options if your cooler won't work. 

Deepcool Gammaxx  200t is about 15 buck so a good option on the cheap.

Cooler Master 212 Evo is even better for about 35 bucks and has been great about being able to be used on future processors so far.

Bottom line there are lots of good choices and lots of price points. 

0 Likes

After mulling things over, I decided to use the pre-applied paste. The Processor is running cool.

I do appreciate your response.

Regards,

Dennis

The prism is the best cooler AMD has so hopefully it will be fine. I probably would keep things at stock speeds unless you upgrade that cooler. Congrats on the new processor. I am jealous I only have the 3700x.

Enjoy your system. 

0 Likes