cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

miyuki
Journeyman III

Does Ryzen 7000 series iGPU support 8K on HDMI ports?

Hi, I wonder if any of you have experience with this?
Does the Ryzen 7000 series iGPU support 8K@60 output over HDMI? Theoretically, if it has the full support of HDMI 2.1 with DSC it shall be no problem. But I cannot find any reasonable specs or mentions about it. And there can be some artificial limitations.

0 Likes
4 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

miyuki, what 7000? Enjoy, John.

0 Likes
miyuki
Journeyman III

Probably 7900x, or some other Raphael based. 

0 Likes

miyuki, thanks. The 7000 series includes Threadrippers with no iGPU. The answer is probably, but you need to do some more research. Try this link. You also should check with your MB vendor. Here is a general link for AMD processor specifications. Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

You need to look at your Motherboad's Video Output specs to see if it support 8K@60hz.

As an example only, here is a Gigabyte B650 AORUS ELITE AX Motherboard with its IGPU specs:

Screenshot 2024-03-01 150712.png

So this specific motherboard that supports all 7000 series AMD Processors the Maximum Resolution that is supports is 4k@60hz HDMI.

This Asus Motherboard for the 7000 series, ROG STRIX X670E-F GAMING WIFI, has the same HDMI specs:

Screenshot 2024-03-01 151229.png

So it seems that, at least , the 7000 series Desktop processors all support a Maximum HDMI Resolution of 4k@60Hz.

You can check other Motherboards IGPU specs to see if any has 8k@60hz output or not.  Maybe some laptops with 7000 series Mobile processors might have 8k@60hz HDMI output.

I would open a AMD SUPPORT TICKET and asked them if the 7000 series IGPU supports 8k@60hz from here: https://www.amd.com/en/forms/contact-us/support.html

EDIT: HDMI version 2.1 does support 8k@60hz.