cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

pepon1905
Adept I

does 3400g support dvi

i know that 3400g supports hdmi and display port but does it support dvi?

1 Solution

From MSI Support concerning the Specs on your Motherboard and what Video Outputs it supports: Specification for B450M PRO-VDH MAX | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Glo... 

Read the "BLUE" Notes on the DVD-D Port of your motherboard:

Note "1" which indicates which Ryzen APUs will work with DVI-D Video Output.

Note "2" indicates the Maximum amount of RAM Memory that can be used with the Integrated Graphics is 2 Gbytes.

The Ryzen 5 3400g is considered to be a 2nd generation with Radeon Graphics since it is a 12nm processor : https://www.windowscentral.com/amd-ryzen-5-3400g-review?amp 

So, according to your Motherboard's Graphics Specs this APU should work and output DVI-D.  The Motherboard converts the DP or HDMI from the processor into DVI-D output.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

That depends on the motherboard you have.

Need to post your computer information including Make & Model of your Motherboard and Windows Version installed.

i am thinking to buy a 3400g and i want to use msi b450m pro-vdh max as motherboard that has a dvi output. i want to know if i can use dvi with 3400g?i am not using any graphics card. (sorry for bad english) 

0 Likes

From MSI Support concerning the Specs on your Motherboard and what Video Outputs it supports: Specification for B450M PRO-VDH MAX | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Glo... 

Read the "BLUE" Notes on the DVD-D Port of your motherboard:

Note "1" which indicates which Ryzen APUs will work with DVI-D Video Output.

Note "2" indicates the Maximum amount of RAM Memory that can be used with the Integrated Graphics is 2 Gbytes.

The Ryzen 5 3400g is considered to be a 2nd generation with Radeon Graphics since it is a 12nm processor : https://www.windowscentral.com/amd-ryzen-5-3400g-review?amp 

So, according to your Motherboard's Graphics Specs this APU should work and output DVI-D.  The Motherboard converts the DP or HDMI from the processor into DVI-D output.

thank you mate you were very helpful