cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Nelios
Adept I

Disconnect NVME on Asus Tuf b450 and Ryzen 5600G

Recently I decided to change the processor from risen 5 3600 to risen 5 5600 due to the insane prices for video cards. Before replacing the processor, I updated the BIOS to version 3211 (2021/08/26), it is the latest! My system worked perfectly before the processor was replaced.
PC configuration:
1. Motherboard - ASUS TUF B450M-Plus Gaming.
2. Storage - 970 EVO SATA M.2 SSD 500 GB.

After the replacement, the computer began to freeze, fall out into the blue screen. I thought it might have something to do with the OS and decided to reinstall it. But what was my surprise when I could not do this due to the fact that as soon as the copying of NVME data began, the disk turned off and was no longer visible in the system until the reboot ... I was able to install the system with some attempt and it seemed worked stably until the reboot ... To eliminate the problem with the NVME drive, I tested it on another PC - there are no problems with the drive!
I've been fighting this problem for a week now. Help me please! Any ideas ... Thanks my friends!

0 Likes
5 Replies

Found this out-dated Asus Device QVL List (2018) for your motherboard. It mentions the 960EVO but if the 970EVO came out later might be the reason it isn't listed: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/TUF-Gaming/TUF-B450M-PLUS-GAMING/HelpDe...

Screenshot 2021-11-09 105732.png

Also have you checked BIOS Settings to see if there are any settings for the M.2 SATA slot for your Motherboard. Maybe it is set for something else making the SSD incompatible.

NOTE: Did you check Asus QVL LIST for RAM MEMORY for the 5000 Series CPU to see if your current RAM is compatible with the processor?

Also at Samsung Support is has a NVME Driver to install for the 970 EVO SSD: https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/product/consumer/970evo/

Screenshot 2021-11-09 105732.png

According to PCPARTPICKER website the 970EVO is compatible with your motherboard.

nvme 960 Evo release date is October 2016
nvme 970 Evo release date is May 7, 2018
My nvme drive samsung 970 Evo performed excellently on the same motherboard before replacing the CPU with a 5600G.

RAM is 2х8GB CRUCIAL BLS8G4D30AESEK.M8FE1 is compatible with 5600G and my motherboard.

I'm install nvme driver and last firmware for my nvme from Samsung Magican.

My NVME samsung 970 evo works great on another PC. As well as other NVME gigabyte works great on my PC! Apparently some kind of incompatibility of the processor with NVME ...

0 Likes

Could also be an issue with the motherboard's M.2 slot itself.

I would open a Asus Support ticket or "Live CHAT" with Support and see what they suggest.

Here is AMD Support so you can asked them also. Possibly your processor is defective or needs to be checked: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

0 Likes

I'm having similar issue. I've upgraded my Ryzen 3600X to 5600. Then the computer randomly can't detect the NVME SSD, and Windows blue screeen pop up erractically. After some troubleshooting, I found that the computer will fail to detect the NVMe randomly, sometimes in BIOS, sometimes in Windows. I ended up falling back to SATA drive to boot the windows. Any recommendation what could be the potential fixes? Before the CPU upgrade, everything was working perfectly for 3 years! Sigh.

Mobo: Asrock B450M Steel Legend
Latest BIOS: 4.60
RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX 3200MHz
GPU: Asus ROG Strix RX 5600 XT.
NVME SSD: PNY CS3030 1TB Gen3 SSD M.2

0 Likes