cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

owlmanandy
Journeyman III

CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION

My computer crashes about once or twice a day with a BSOD message of CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION.  I've updated all my drivers, did a clean install of Windows 10, and did several command prompt repair options, and the crash still occurs.  What else can I do to this this?

Here's my setup:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X

MB: Asus Prime x570-Pro

GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super

Ram: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2*16

0 Likes
2 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

owlmanandy, please go to "C:\Windows\minidump".  If the folder is not empty, please compress it and attach it here.  As an otherwise advisor, please uninstall any software in the Settings-Apps that come from ASUS or others you do not know and do a Clear CMOS.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

From what I have read concerning that particular BSOD error it is generally related to a driver.

But first you need to eliminate Hardware issues that can also cause that BSOD Error. If the Hardware tests passes then you can concentrate on looking at your drivers. Windows Dump files should indicate what file caused the BSOD.

Run MEMTEST86 to eliminate defective RAM MEMORY on your computer.  By the way, is your RAM Memory listed on your Motherboard's QVL RAM List to see if it is listed which would eliminate incompatible RAM Memory for your Ryzen Processor.

Also check to see if you have the latest BIOS/UEFI Version and Chip set installed from your motherboard's Download page.

Then run a Hard Drive/SSD Diagnostic software like Seagate Tools for Windows or first run C:\CHKDSK  /f /r /x in a elevated Command Prompt or Powershell. This will remove any bad sectors on your hard drive.

Also check "EVENT VIEWER" in Windows to see what ERRORs are indicated or CRITICAL errors are showing. See if any of the Critical or Errors indicate a Driver having problems.

It is best to first eliminate RAM and Hard Drive/SSD hardware for defective hardware before trying to find out what Driver may be causing your BSOD.  Most of the links concerning that BSOD error mentions to check RAM and Hard Drive/SSD to rule out hardware going bad.

0 Likes