Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

davejh666
Adept I

Crashes and Instability - Ryzen 5 7600X and Asus Prime X670E-Pro

Hi all,

I am hoping someone might be able to help. Built my PC about a month ago - has not been stable since day 1. I have already changed the GPU as the original was faulty. Had the machine into a local PC shop who have said they suspect the CPU of being faulty:

Ryzen 5 7600X

Gigabyte 4070TI

Asus Prime X670E-Pro

Corasir Dominator DDR5 5400mhz 32GB

Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO

Corsair RM850x PSU

It is constantly crashing during games. With some games, Spiderman, it is fine. With others Warhammer 3 and Football Manager it crashes. The crashes seem to happen when the game is 'processing', ie if I end my turn and it processes through to the next day etc. It has never crashed in a battle in Warhammer 3 or playing a match in Football Manager (since I changed the GPU).

I have done windows diagnostic on the memory and memtest - both came back with no faults. I have re-installed windows 11 (and tried windows 10) with just Ryzen Master and GeForce Experience.

Cinebench will not usually complete its 30 min run through - it either stops and exits the program or re-starts the PC. On one occasion it has managed to do the whole program. Temps look fine whilst it is running - never gone to more than about 88. I have re-pasted and seated the CPU. Also, the PC shop checked everything was installed correctly and confirmed it was.

The 2 things that are really bothering me: On boot the DRAM light on the motherboard will stay illuminated for around 20-30 seconds. The moment this goes out the CPU light comes on red for about 5 seconds. The PC then boots into windows normally. But to me this suggests a hardware issue? And, in Ryzen Master there is the Curve Optimiser: If I click this Windows immediately BSOD and resets itself.

I really don't want to RMA the processor unless it is definitely faulty, but at this point I can't think of anything else? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

17 Replies
davejh666
Adept I

Anyone got any thoughts?

I'm reading a lot of negative things about Asus x670 boards and the Ryzen 7000 series chips. 

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Hi,

Is the memory on the QVL and/or EXPO certified?

Have you tried running the PC with EXPO disabled to see if it crashes?

If you everything above fails, try updating BIOS.

I do have a 7000 and an ASUS board, been pretty good so far.

Good Luck

The Englishman
0 Likes

Hi.

The ram is expo certified. I know the PC shop where I took it tried their ram as well, not sure what theirs was though got to be honest.

Bios is all up to date, as are all the other drivers.

0 Likes

If it fails and the pc is from them, maybe its best that they continue troubleshooting.

The Englishman
0 Likes

Hi. The PC isn’t from them, I built it myself. I just took it into them as I got as far as I could with trying to stop it crashing. I don’t have spare parts to swap things out and try other components. 

As I said, they checked the build, ensured I had everything set up correctly. Tried their ram. Updated the bios etc, tried a different gpu and it all still crashed.

So, at this point all I am left with is motherboard or processor defective? They have told me they believe it to be the processor. However, reading through various threads, not just here - bit on other sites too - abut the issues with Asus x670 boards and this gen of processor has me worried that it could be a problem with both the processor and the m/b

0 Likes

Ok, not fully aware of that. 

Have you ran with EXPO disabled? Is the kit on the QVL?

Could be a bad match, if it is, running at JEDEC should help us troubleshoot. 

The Englishman
0 Likes

The ram is on the qvl list, listed as XMP support though not as EXPO.

Knowing that what would you try now?

0 Likes
digipointer0
Adept III

Based on the symptoms you've described, it's possible that the CPU is indeed faulty. The fact that you're experiencing crashes during games and that Cinebench is not completing its run suggests that there could be an issue with the CPU's stability. Additionally, the DRAM light staying illuminated for a prolonged period on boot, and the Curve Optimiser in Ryzen Master causing a BSOD, are also indicators that there may be an underlying hardware issue.

Before you RMA the processor, there are a few more things you could try to isolate the problem:

• Test the system with a different set of RAM to see if the DRAM light issue is resolved. If it is, then it's possible that the issue was with the RAM rather than the CPU.
  • Check for any BIOS updates for your motherboard and ensure that all the drivers are up to date. Sometimes outdated drivers can cause stability issues.
  • Run stress tests on individual components to see if you can isolate the problem. For example, run a CPU stress test like Prime95 or AIDA64 to see if the CPU is stable under load. You could also run a GPU stress test like FurMark to see if the GPU is stable.

If you've exhausted all these options and you're still experiencing crashes and stability issues, then it's likely that the CPU is faulty and you should consider RMAing it.

0 Likes

The prolonged dram light looks like memory training. If its a hardware fault it will stay on till you reboot manually. 

The Englishman
0 Likes

So, the PC shop tested it with their own ram, it still crashed.

All bios and other drivers are up to date.

The GPU I have tested with Heaven and that ran fine.

0 Likes
davejh666
Adept I

Just as a little update on this. The PC is still in the shop at the moment, I can’t collect I til the weekend due to work.

They just phoned me though as they have kept trying things. With the Ryzen Master, they found the same as me, if you try to use the curve optimiser it immediately BSOD. However, they have found if they run it 1 core at a time it won’t BSOD every time, only on certain cores.

They are assuming that I have faulty cores in the processor and have ordered a new 7600x to test it tomorrow

0 Likes

hi bro, can you fixed the problem with the new CPU? im having the same issues as you, im stucked and what can i do.

0 Likes

What have you tried so far @juanvaladez, and what are your PC specs?

Best,
Petosiris           About me | PC specs | Favorite game | How to display your PC specs in an image

i try.

- Clean install of Windows 10 and 11.

- Undervolt CPU to 1.15, 1.25, 1.30.
Change RAM 6000MHz and 5200MHz. Actually i dont use EXPO. i let the option in AUTO and automatically turn the MHz to 4800.
Also tried put MHz on 3600 and nothing.

- Also Change my PSU because i was thinking on the posibility on my older PSU was weak. was 750w and now i have 1000w.

-Underclock the CPU to 4700Mhz.

I Manually disable CPU 0 with software Proccess Lasso and it seems to fix my problem with Call of Duty MW II, but in eFootball 2024 i still getting crashed.

Im thinking in the posibility one of my cores is faulty.

0 Likes

i try.

- Clean install of Windows 10 and 11.

- Undervolt CPU to 1.15, 1.25, 1.30.
Change RAM 6000MHz and 5200MHz. Actually i dont use EXPO. i let the option in AUTO and automatically turn the MHz to 4800.
Also tried put MHz on 3600 and nothing.

- Also Change my PSU because i was thinking on the posibility on my older PSU was weak. was 750w and now i have 1000w.

-Underclock the CPU to 4700Mhz.

I Manually disable CPU 0 with software Proccess Lasso and it seems to fix my problem with Call of Duty MW II, but in eFootball 2024 i still getting crashed.

Im thinking in the posibility one of my cores is faulty.

and my PC Specs are.

B650E-F Asus ROG

7600X Ryzen 5

6900XT ROG Liquid Cooling

CORSAIR 5200 MHz Platinum RGB

1000W XPG 80 Platinum PLUS

0 Likes
petosiris
Miniboss

In addition to what others have said, I'd check the CPU voltage don't go above 1.3V.  EXPO use upto 1.36V, as far as I remember, so I'd disable EXPO for now if I were you.

Best,
Petosiris           About me | PC specs | Favorite game | How to display your PC specs in an image
0 Likes
Serghei
Journeyman III

Hello my friend, I think we have a bad cpus ghz combo, just downgrade ghz of your ram , I had the same issue Xmp  crashes my pc, with sto ram the game crashes, but why I downgrade the GHz from 4800 ( stok ) to 4400 walhaaa!!! Stable!  Good lack!!

0 Likes