cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

GAROU_GOAT
Journeyman III

CPU temperature

Hello, I would like to ask if someone who has Ryzen 7 4800h could provide safe settings for the CPU (clock speed and voltage), because my processor reaches 95 degrees and I would like to reduce it

0 Likes
6 Replies
Angeluk
Challenger

start reading about undervolting :), also try to reinstall your cpu cooler and fresh paste

0 Likes

I sent the laptop for repair and maintenance, so it was cleaned and the thermal paste was changed,I saw a video of a guy using Ryzen Master and his CPU temperature decreased by 15 degrees, and it barely lost any performance, the problem is that the Ryzen 4800 processor does not support Ryzen Master and I will have to change the BIOS, but I want to know which ones are safe so that I don't destroy the processor

0 Likes

Correct that Ryzen Master and any official AMD software will be incompatible in Over/Under clocking laptops or Mobile Processors.

But there is a Ryzen Master Clone for laptops. Not sure if you can change the CPU parameters or not but it is like a Lite Ryzen Master but for laptops.

It is called Ryzen Controller. You can download load from 2 different sites:

https://gitlab.com/ryzen-controller-team/ryzen-controller/-/releases/2.5.4

https://github.com/Ryzen-Controller-Team/Ryzen-Controller

NOTE: According to AMD :

Max. Operating Temperature (Tjmax)
105°C

Laptops generally run hot so 95c is not that abnormal and it is 10c below it Maximum Operating Temperature.

Now to lower the temperature without using a Ryzen Master type program you can change the TDP rating of the processor in BIOS Settings.

According to AMD:
AMD Configurable TDP (cTDP)
35-54W

That is if your Laptop Manufacturer allows you to change the TDP rating of your laptop processor.
If you change it to 35w it will run cooler but most likely the performance will be less.
0 Likes
cristianoronaldo8771
Journeyman III

I don't have real-time monitoring capabilities, so I can't provide you with the current temperature of your CPU. However, you can check your CPU temperature using various software tools. Here's a general guide:

1. Built-in Monitoring Tools: Some CPUs come with their own monitoring tools. For example, Intel processors often have Intel XTU (Extreme Tuning Utility), and AMD processors may have Ryzen Master.

2. Third-Party Software: There are several third-party applications that can monitor your CPU temperature. Examples include:

• HWMonitor: Monitors various sensors on your motherboard, including CPU temperature.
    • Open Hardware Monitor: Provides real-time information about your hardware, including temperatures.
  3. BIOS/UEFI: You can also check the CPU temperature from your system's BIOS or UEFI settings. Reboot your computer and enter the BIOS/UEFI by pressing the appropriate key during the boot process (often Del, F2, or F10).

4. Task Manager (Windows) or Activity Monitor (Mac): While these tools primarily show CPU usage, some versions also display temperature information.

Remember, it's important to monitor your CPU temperature to ensure it stays within safe limits. High temperatures can lead to performance issues or even hardware damage. If you find that your CPU temperatures are consistently high, you may need to check your cooling system, such as fans or heat sinks, and consider improving your system's overall airflow. Click

Thanks for the guide, I appreciate it.

0 Likes

All of you should run Ryzen Master Master (RM). It offers real time monitoring and is provided by AMD and is therefore official while many of the free applications are just plain wrong. Enjoy, John.

0 Likes