cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

heitorazeved
Journeyman III

CPU SUDDENLY DROP TO 0%

Hello guys! I have an inconvenient issue with my ryzen 5 3600. it appears to be happening when im putting a high load on the processor. Suddenly the voltage drops, the usage drops to 3-5% and it lags a lot for around 7-10 seconds, then after that it becomes normal again, but happens very frequently.

The temperature while im gaming sits around 80 degrees celsius, gpu around 77. nothing seems to be out of the ordinary.

My system is:

Ryzen 5 3600

32gb Evo potenza XMP enabled 3000mhz

Biostar b550M

RTX 2060 from Galax

Running windows 11 on a kingston ssd.

idk if can be drivers, but i dont think so.

0 Likes
8 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

heitorazeved, is this a fresh install? Fresh install of W11? What dropped to zero? Screenshot please. Please run Cinebench R24 and post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM). Only images of RM. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

heitorazeved_0-1708016020281.png

usually, it happens a lot harder than this drop

heitorazeved_1-1708016053364.png

but this is very frequent.

0 Likes

heitorazeved_2-1708016474232.png

i got to drop the way it normally does. only when im in games happens this way.

0 Likes

Thanks, heitorazeved. The Cinebench looks good. The app runs hard for a while, then starts over causing a fall then rise in processor usage. I can't really tell what is going on in the third image, quality is so poor. AMD did something in the forum that all but ruins images, using a hosting site remedies this; I use postimage. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

https://postimg.cc/DW2DGwLm

i hosted the image, take a look please!

0 Likes

And yes! fresh install of windows 11

0 Likes

heitorazeved, thanks, looks much better but since going back to Chrome, the + does much improve the images. My reply on this was lost, but I will re-enter it when I get back. Got to go for a while, catch you later. You are talking about the all core frequency drop right before the end? Does this happen on other games or other apps? Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

This seems to happen every time the processor is too demanded. when reaches 100% it works normally, slower but as expected, than suddenly it drops the usage and lags A LOT for 7/10 seconds. with task manager open, the usage of the cpu drops to 3-5% when this happens. the voltage drops, the frequency drops, everything drops

0 Likes