cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

etsachin
Adept II

Re: CPU stuck at 0.39ghz speed

I have no idea. But if you can please try that. I think may be this has got something to do with BIOS update. it would be better to contact service team and do a BIOS downgrade, I don't know whether its possible or not. Since the issue not being persistent it's not easy to consider a hardware fault.

0 Likes
premjhans
Adept I

Re: CPU stuck at 0.39ghz speed, ...........Attention AMD team!!! please

Attention AMD team!

Please guide/help for this issue.

0 Likes
premjhans
Adept I

I found something. when this cpu 0.39 ghz drop issue occurs do this 

remove charger pin from laptop

shutdown >> then start 

login >> put the charger back 

you have 2.67 /2.90 ghz back again

but

if you are connected with the charger pin and shutdown or restart the processor speed will still show 0.39ghz

Charger or battery seems to be the culprit.

Note: In this forum community, I'm not getting anybody else's reply, only you and me are interacting. I was expecting if AMD guys could help here. 

0 Likes
etsachin
Adept II

No.
1) I tried using the device completely on battery and throttling happened multiple times which means charger has nothing to with throttling.

2) I opened the laptop and physically removed the battery and powered it completely on adaptor and throttling happened, which means it has nothing to do with battery.

I even removed the additional ram and it didn't make any difference.

And yes the throttling stops momentarily when the device is turned on after a shutdown while charger not being connected. But still it's un reliable

The reason is because something is triggering PROCHOT_EXT but can't track it down. Maybe a faulty sensor, a glitch or a BIOS bug.

0 Likes
Nikols_80
Journeyman III

попробуй откатить обновления windows может поможет!

0 Likes
etsachin
Adept II

It has got nothing to do with Windows, I installed Ubuntu on my device and checked. The same thing happens there also

0 Likes
etsachin
Adept II

I took my device to service centre and they said most probably it would require a motherboard replacement 

0 Likes
premjhans
Adept I

• How much are they charging you for motherboard replacement? 

And what if same issue comes in the replaced motherboard after bios update then. 

How is the next motherboard different from the current one. 

Does your battery charges slow as compared to when it was new? Coz see in the 2nd page of this thread. I told u technician asked me to replace motherboard and i didn't  allow him. Anyways u let me know

0 Likes
etsachin
Adept II

i haven't considered replacement coz motherboard costs half the laptop, email me on etsachin@gmail.com im planning to contact asus and report our issue. 

0 Likes
LurcK
Journeyman III

Hello, I have a lenovo notebook which has a ryzen 4800H and it will also randomly stuck to 0.38GHz occasionally when plugged in. I found a solution to that issue from the internet, it seems like disabling AMD SECURITY PROCESSOR in BIOS can eliminate this problem.

0 Likes