cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

3vans
Journeyman III

CPU Ryzen 5 5600X overheats even with water cooler

Hello everyone. I’m facing the same issue with the same CPU model.

I have a Lian Li 360 water cooler with Corsair fans running at approximately 2800 RPM. Even when I undervolt, the temperatures remain high. Everything is clean and has new thermal paste.

Furthermore, all components are properly connected to the ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A GAMING motherboard.

I don’t have any viruses, malware, or other issues. The disk is not full, and all drives are defragmented. On the C drive, I have an M.2 SSD, and they are all functioning properly. I don’t have any overclocking (OC) as I mentioned earlier. I had to undervolt to manage the temperatures. The undervolt was done using Ryzen Master, setting all cores to 3700 MHz and providing 1V per core.

And I always have the fans at maximum speed because otherwise, it can’t handle even with the undervolt.

I work with my computer daily as a developer, and I need it to function properly. I’m exhausted from searching for solutions. Despite AMD processors running hotter, they’ve always been my preference. However, having the PC shut down in the middle of work is unacceptable. I lose work and miss meetings. If there’s any software that can help me identify why it’s overheating, I’d appreciate it. Alternatively, any other suggestions are welcome.

Watercooler: Lian Li Galahad 360, with 2x Corsair fans with 2800 RPM and 1x original from watercooler with 1800 RPM

Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B550-a Gaming

Ram: 2x16Gb Corsair Vengeance 3600Mhz

Graphic Card: RTX 3060

Disk: 2x M.2 nvme

Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL

The fans of my case are connected to other device. So we cant see them in the picture.

Thank you for your time.Captura de ecrã 2024-06-30 150832.pngCaptura de ecrã 2024-06-29 181820.png

0 Likes
2 Replies
FunkZ
Paragon

There should be no problem cooling a six-core Ryzen with a 360 AIO, my son's 5600 runs mid-70's on a 240 AIO.

I suspect something is wrong with your cooler. Are you able to monitor the pump speed? (not just the fan speed) Can you feel the output tubing from the block getting warm, while the input tubing is cool? Is the radiator getting warm? How old is the AIO? Can you hear the fluid circulating? What is the orientation of the pump vs the radiator? Is it top-mount? Front-mount? Bottom-mount? Can you post a pic of the inside of your case showing the layout?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

First, 3vans, I recommend you get rid of (uninstall) the utilities and use only Ryzen Master (RM). Do a Clear CMOS and stay out of BIOS. Look in the Event Viewer and post a few of the Critical errors Basic tab. Post a screenshot of RM running Cinebench R24 multicore. John.

0 Likes