cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Lugplays
Adept I

CPU overheat 5 5500

I got an Gigabyte B550 Gaming X V2 & AMD Ryzen 5 5500 & DeepCool LE500 MARRS And one day after I restart my pc My temps are 25 to 30 at idle and max usage at 60/65 degrees celsius. Another day their 60/70 idle and up to 117 before the shut of btw this is celsius so its pretty much 17 degrees over boiling point. And its just random but mostly its the warmer temps this have been sense september 2022. 

0 Likes
5 Replies
Angeluk
Challenger

Have you taken any steps to resolve the issue? Resitting your cooler etc...?

0 Likes

I am on my way to trying stock cooler

0 Likes

I had the same problem a year ago, my watercooling pump gave up, my cpu was overheating and restarting. Then i got a budget 30$ dual fan cooler, my 7900X works perfect with it. undervolted at 5.1ghz at 1.065 volts. 35-45 idling, 55 degrees while gaming and 77 degrees under 100% workload.

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

Lugplays, the maximum temperature for your processor is 90C, so it is not possible to hit 117C unless you have disabled PROCHOT (asking for a fried processor!). I would suggest you NOT change anything until we figure out what temperature you are really running. Do make sure the fans (especially the CPU) are running. Please run Cinebench R24 and post a screenshot of  Ryzen Master (RM). Please only RM. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

If you are using a AIO Liquid CPU Cooler than it is a good chance it might be partially plugged or the pump intermittently stops running or you have a loose power cable to one of your Radiator fans or pump.

Another words sounds like you may have a defective CPU Cooler.

Yes I would try another CPU Cooler and if doesn't overheat than I would RMA the other CPU Cooler if under Warranty.

0 Likes