cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

DragonBox600
Journeyman III

Corrected Bus/Interconnect Error and Occasional Random Reboots

I've been struggling with this issue for months now. It started almost immediately after buying a new B550 Aorus Pro AC motherboard, 3700x, and Crucial Ballistix RGB RAM. These errors pop up in event viewer as corrected hardware errors, and the category is Bus/Interconnect Error. Sometimes it will also cause a restart, and many of these restarts are labeled as Cache Hierarchy errors. I have found that the quickest way to make it crash is run Prime 95 on the Large FFTs to stress the memory controller and RAM. I have determined that the RAM itself is not the issue. It is also not the RAM slots on the motherboard. I'm not sure if it's the CPU, but I want to go through all the other possible causes first before I consider RMAing the CPU. I have also tried a few different BIOS versions, and they didn't help, but I do still want to test an older version before I rule out the BIOS. I ran the stress test in safe mode to see if any software was to blame. While I don't think I ran it long enough to be certain it isn't a hardware or BIOS issue, I did find that the instant replay option in the Radeon Software was writing to the RAM and causing more frequent crashes. I am hoping someone on this forum can help me out, and I'm open to any and all suggestions. Also, please let me know if you need me to provide any other information.

0 Likes
1 Solution
DragonBox600
Journeyman III

I ended up replacing the CPU. This fixed the issue for me.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
DragonBox600
Journeyman III

I ended up replacing the CPU. This fixed the issue for me.

0 Likes