cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

allewyn
Adept I

broken pin USB_HSD1N

Working on a Ryzen 5 3600 I broke a pin trying to straighten it. The pin ID is USB_HSD1N. Position AM10

Is this pin important? Can I run the computer without it?

0 Likes
2 Solutions

I googled this "pin USB_HSD1N" and this is what came up in my search page:

Screenshot 2023-12-26 123600.png

But I would just install the processor and see if it boots up or not. Since it has a broken pin on it the AMD Warranty is voided and AMD won't replace it under Warranty.

Good luck, BTW post back if it works and boots up or not.

View solution in original post

OK I'll do that thanks again

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Only way to find out is by installing the processor on your motherboard and see if it boots up or not. If it does boot up you will need to see if it is stable without crashing or BSODs.

Otherwise you will need to replace your processor since your 3 year AMD Warranty is automatically voided with the broken processor pin.

EDIT: That pin seems to deal with the Processor's USB function. So if it does boot up see if you have any issues with any of your USB ports or devices especially the USB 2.0 versions. Everything that comes up for that pin seems to be connected to High Speed USB 2.0 function.

Ok I get it. BTW, when you say "Everything that comes up for that pin" what info are you looking at? Is there another source I could read? Thanks a lot

0 Likes

I googled this "pin USB_HSD1N" and this is what came up in my search page:

Screenshot 2023-12-26 123600.png

But I would just install the processor and see if it boots up or not. Since it has a broken pin on it the AMD Warranty is voided and AMD won't replace it under Warranty.

Good luck, BTW post back if it works and boots up or not.

OK I'll do that thanks again