cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

albertogarcia
Journeyman III

Black screen after installing the RYZEN 3 2200G CPU drivers.

Hello, I will detail my problem precisely to make it easier for you to assist me. A month ago, I assembled a PC with the following specifications:

MOTHERBOARD: MSI A320M-A PRO.

Processor: AMD RYZEN 3 PRO 2200G.

RAM: CRUCIAL CB8GU2666 (1 X 8GB | DIMM DDR4-2666).

POWER SUPPLY: GAMEPRO ATX-400W 80 PLUS BRONZE.

SSD: OCCIDENTAL DIGITAL GREEN 240 GB (WDS240G3G0A).

OPERATING SYSTEM: WINDOWS 10 (UEFI).

When installing Windows 10 Pro and reaching the second phase of installation, where the PC restarts and Windows configuration is required, after connecting to the internet, a few minutes passed, and the screen went black. It then came back on, but this time in black, indicating there was a signal but no display. I reinstalled Windows 10, this time without an internet connection, and the installation was successful. You can navigate Windows with the basic drivers of the Ryzen 3 PRO 2200G processor.

I proceeded to reinstall the CPU drivers, downloaded from the official AMD website. However, when the installation reached 50%, the screen blinked, and the same problem occurred: a black screen with a signal but no image. At this point, I decided to install an external graphics card (GTX 650 TI), and when I connected the monitor to the GPU, it displayed an image correctly. I then removed the CPU drivers and tried to install them again. I noticed that the installation was successful, but when I clicked "Accept," the PA-300 error appeared.

If I disconnect the graphics card and connect the monitor to the motherboard, the screen goes black again as long as the CPU drivers are installed. I thought it might be a defective processor because sometimes when I repeatedly turn the PC on and off with the CPU drivers installed and the graphics card disconnected, there are signs of artifacts, with lines and green dots appearing on the screen.

I replaced the processor with another Ryzen 3 PRO 2200G and then with a Ryzen 3 3200G, both of which had the same problem. However, the Ryzen 3 3200G did not show lines or green dots.

I read on a Reddit forum that the problem could be related to Windows Update overwriting AMD display drivers with older versions. Following the steps recommended on the forum (link ), I tried to resolve the issue without success. The suggested solution involved, as a first step, uninstalling all AMD drivers and installing the latest drivers from the official AMD website. However, this was not possible for me, as I mentioned earlier, because I encountered the PA-300 error when trying to install AMD drivers. To address this issue, I decided to pause Windows updates for 7 days. hen I proceeded to uninstall the AMD drivers from the control panel, using the AMD Cleanup Utility and the DDU program. After this, I attempted to check for updates and stopped them when AMD drivers were detected. I also used the "Show or hide Windows Update" program to disable AMD updates that Windows automatically downloads. Finally, I installed the drivers. Unfortunately, despite all these efforts, the issue remains unresolved.

The last hypothesis that comes to mind is that there might be a conflict between the AMD processor and the NVIDIA graphics card when connected simultaneously. However, I do not believe this is the cause of the problem because, at the beginning of this issue, I performed a clean installation, installed Windows without an internet connection, and then installed AMD drivers without the NVIDIA graphics card. However, the screen went black.

I also placed the Ryzen 3 PRO 2200G CPU in another computer with the following specifications:

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS PRIME B450 PLUS.

Processor: AMD RYZEN 5 3600.

GRAPHICS CARD: ASUS DUAL-RTX3060-012GB-V2.

RAM: KINGSTON FURY (2 X 8GB | DIMM DDR4-3200).

POWER SUPPLY: EVGA 600 W 80 PLUS.

SSD: SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS 1TB. HARD DRIVE:

WESTERN DIGITAL BLUE 1TB. OPERATING SYSTEM:

WINDOWS 11 (UEFI) on the SSD.

Of course, I disconnected the CPU and GPU before connecting the Ryzen 3 PRO 2200G.

Other solutions I have tried:

Updated the BIOS to the latest version (E7C51AMS.180).

Downloaded the latest AMD drivers for the processor.

Discarded the AMD Cleanup Utility and reinstalled the latest drivers.

Performed step 3, but this time, downloaded previous versions of the drivers.

Performed steps 3 and 4 but installed the drivers from the Device Manager by selecting "Update drivers" and searching for files on my PC.

Installed the processor in another PC.

Removed the CMOS battery from the motherboard.

Cleared the CMOS of the motherboard.

Used AMD software compatibility tools (when I tried to install drivers using this method, a message appeared, saying "No active AMD display drivers can be detected." However, once the drivers were already installed, a message appeared, saying I had the latest driver version).

It is important to note that I thoroughly checked all connections, and no overclocking has been done from the motherboard, and no parameters have been modified. Another important detail is that the Ryzen 3 2200G processors used are OEM, which means they are new but do not come in their original box and do not include the original CPU fan.

Photos of the errors:

This is the error that appears when installing the drivers.

Captura de pantalla 2023-10-24 220919.png

This is the error that appears when I install the drivers through the automatic AMD driver detector.

f6e4ba8b-e74c-4770-a37a-dc72de798524.png

Agradezco su ayuda de antemano.

0 Likes
0 Replies