Did you mean: 

Processors

rubenvd
Journeyman III

Beelink GTR6 (AMD 6900HX) constantly rebooting

Board: Beelink GTR6

CPU: Ryzen 9 6900HX

GPU: integrated

My 6900HX is constantly rebooting. I'm thinking it happens because of the temperature being too high. When I run a stresstest (OCCT PSU), it gets to a temperature of approximately 66°C. It will shut down then after half an hour or so. It then tries to reboot a couple of times, which fails. I have to take out the power supply and let it cool down for a while.

Also, when I hold my hand in front of the ventilation during this stress test, it almost immediately shuts down. It doesn't even take 5 seconds.

I tried to install the latest drivers and use Ryzen Controller, but this doesn't do that much apparently.

0 Likes
1 Solution

"I would then expect to get at least 85 °C without any noticeable problems."

That is why I find it strange, how can it crash if you keep your hand momentarily in front of air output.

I think elstaci is right, either there is something like your power brick overheating for some reason and not delivering what it is supposed to, or then you have a defective unit and should RMA.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
MADZyren
Paragon

Looks like a tiny case with very limited cooling capacity. Perhaps contact where you bought it or who made it if it is still under warranty. 66 degree in general is not hot, but maybe you are seeing a wrong temperature reading.

Perhaps you could install hwinfo64, run as administrator -> sensors only. Let it run in the background for a while and then see what your CPU and GPU temperatures are when idling, when doing something light like browsing web or watching videos and then for instance gaming or test software.

Are you sure if you put your hand in front of ventilation, you are not pushing/touching the device. I'm thinking about contact issue triggered by touching the case of computer.

I would not run any extreme benchmarks with a device such as that as it is not intended for super heavy use and running some extreme software might (have) actually damage(-d) it.

0 Likes

I ran hwinfo and see the exact same temperatures as reported by OCCT. Cool tool btw. It reports that the idle use for CPU/GPU is around 35-42°C. Doing some web browsing it stayed the same. When doing some pretty heavy gaming it was around 64-66°C for the CPU and 50°C for the GPU.

I also tapped and touched my PC and there were no reboots. I did this without running the stress test.

Apparently, the maximum temperature of the Ryzen 6900HX is 95°C. I would then expect to get at least 85 °C without any noticeable problems.

0 Likes

"I would then expect to get at least 85 °C without any noticeable problems."

That is why I find it strange, how can it crash if you keep your hand momentarily in front of air output.

I think elstaci is right, either there is something like your power brick overheating for some reason and not delivering what it is supposed to, or then you have a defective unit and should RMA.

Today I have had a day of heavy usage without a single crash. Let's hope the behavior doesn't return... Thanks for the help.

0 Likes

Went to BeeLink Website about your Mini PC. It talks a lot about Temperature control using only one Fan: https://www.bee-link.com/beelink-gaming-pc-gtr6900hx

Screenshot 2022-12-20 115910.pngScreenshot 2022-12-20 171626.png

Do you feel any hot air being exhausted when you have the Mini PC powered up?

You should be able to feel hot air coming out of its vent.

Also according to the above images showing the various temperatures playing games/Programs it goes up to 72c.

So if your Mini PC shuts down at 66c then you have a defective unit that should be RMAed back to be checked.

Possibly the Power Cord/Module is overheating or defective and not giving out the correct power the Mini PC needs to run properly or the Cooling fan is not working the way it should,

You can contact Beelink Support to see if you need to RMA your unit back to them or run their Diagnostic program: https://www.bee-link.com/cms/support/productlist?id=7

Screenshot 2022-12-20 171626.png

0 Likes

FYI:

I mentioned the Power Cord/Module overheating is because recently I purchased a new Samsung 4K Monitor which later I returned for a refund for other reasons rather then the power cord/module.

But my monitor would start shutting off when ever Windows went to sleep during the first day of use. I needed to unplug and plug the power cord/module to get the monitor to turn back on again.

Turned out that the Power cord/Module had an almost invisible plastic covering that I missed when I plugged in the power cord that said that you needed to remove the plastic cover to prevent the Power cord/Module from overheating.

Well once i removed the almost invisible thin plastic covering the Monitor never shut off any more after going to sleep.

Seems like the power cord/Module overheated thus not able to provide sufficient power when the monitor came out of sleep cycle.

0 Likes

The device has two fans: one above and one below the motherboard.

The Diagnostics & Tools page seems to be empty, but indeed maybe it is best if I just contact them. Thanks for your input.

0 Likes