cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

pawinda8
Journeyman III

Availability of the Ryzen Threadripper Pro 7945WX

Is the Threadripper Pro 7945WX only avialable to OEM's?  I can't find it listed on any online retailers, though Newegg has it in prebuilt HP systems.

0 Likes
3 Solutions

Well Amazon is selling several Ryzen Threadripper Pro 7000 series processors.

From the Threadripper Pro 7965WX to the 7995WX.

According to AMD the Pro 7945WX was launched on October 2023.

I googled the 7945WX and I didn't see any hits for that processor being sold separately at any Retail stores which is odd since it came out in October 2023. I only saw the 7965WX and above being sold.

I suggest you open a AMD SUPPORT TICKET and asked them if that processor will be sold separately in Retail stores and when from here: https://www.amd.com/en/forms/contact-us/support.html

View solution in original post

0 Likes
pawinda8
Journeyman III

Thanks for the input. I contacted AMD support and received the following reply:

"AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 7945WX processors is not available in retail packaging. These are OEM/SI specific and not available for purchase in retail channel."

This is a shame since I believe this is the real HEDT CPU with 4.7 base and 128 PCIe 5.0 lanes.

Again, thanks for your reply.

Thanks for the update.

I just don't understand why AMD doesn't indicate under the processor's specs that it is a OEM/Tray processor and not sold in Retail Stores.

0 Likes
4 Replies

Well Amazon is selling several Ryzen Threadripper Pro 7000 series processors.

From the Threadripper Pro 7965WX to the 7995WX.

According to AMD the Pro 7945WX was launched on October 2023.

I googled the 7945WX and I didn't see any hits for that processor being sold separately at any Retail stores which is odd since it came out in October 2023. I only saw the 7965WX and above being sold.

I suggest you open a AMD SUPPORT TICKET and asked them if that processor will be sold separately in Retail stores and when from here: https://www.amd.com/en/forms/contact-us/support.html

0 Likes
pawinda8
Journeyman III

Thanks for the input. I contacted AMD support and received the following reply:

"AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 7945WX processors is not available in retail packaging. These are OEM/SI specific and not available for purchase in retail channel."

This is a shame since I believe this is the real HEDT CPU with 4.7 base and 128 PCIe 5.0 lanes.

Again, thanks for your reply.

Thanks for the update.

I just don't understand why AMD doesn't indicate under the processor's specs that it is a OEM/Tray processor and not sold in Retail Stores.

0 Likes

Thanks for doing the leg work on this. It's getting time to upgrade my Threadripper 3960X system, and I don't need that many cores but I do lust after the Threadripper's bountiful I/O (PCIe lanes), but they've neutered the non-Pro's so much I don't feel they're good value anymore. I was also hoping I could maybe squeak into the bottom of the Pro line for a reasonable cost ($2500 CAD CPU + $1500 motherboard kinda thing). I like DIY builds where I know what's in it, and I already have a Radeon Pro GPU, and the OEM workstations are over double my budget, starting at $10k CAD kinda thing, so there's just no way.

0 Likes