cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

bluesadam
Elite

Are These Temperature Values Good For Ryzen 5600 With Wraith Stealth (Stock) Cooler?

Hello everyone,

Today I upgraded from R5 2600 to R5 5600. Installation went kind of flawless. The part of the CPU cooler with "AMD" written on it collided with motherboard VRM heatsink so I had to reseat the CPU. As a result I had to clean the original thermal paste and reapply my own thermal paste, which is not the best but does the job fine. So I ran a multicore test of Cinebench 2024 and scores are normal and temperature values are as follows:

default.jpg 

I did not turn on PBO, did not overclock or undervolt. All settings are default with only XMP turned on. System specs are as follows:

Motherboard: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max

Ram: 2x8 GB 3200mhz CL16

GPU: XFX RX 7600

750 Watt 80+ PSU

3 intake fans in the front, 1 exhaust in the back and 1 exhaust on top

I have googled and came to the conclusion that these values are normal, but you know how it is. I just want to ease my mind so still wanted to start a topic and get people's opinions. Thanks a lot in advance for all answers and have a nice day!

0 Likes
1 Solution

The Ryzen 5 5600 has a TDP Rating of 65 watts and the AMD  Stealth also is made for a 65 Watt processor.

The AMD Stealth is the weakest of all the AMD CPU Coolers so the temps you are getting seems about average for that CPU Cooler.

If you can afford it and it is within your budget I would invest in a stronger Air CPU Cooler for future proofing your PC.  There are many Air CPU Coolers rated at 150 watts or above that sells for around or less than forty dollars.

NOTE: If your processor's temperature starts reaching 90c (Maximum Operating Temperature) it is time to clean or troubleshoot your CPU Cooler or get a stronger CPU Cooler.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
FunkZ
Forerunner

Mid-70°s on a Wraith Stealth running Cinebench multi-core seems fine to me.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT

The Ryzen 5 5600 has a TDP Rating of 65 watts and the AMD  Stealth also is made for a 65 Watt processor.

The AMD Stealth is the weakest of all the AMD CPU Coolers so the temps you are getting seems about average for that CPU Cooler.

If you can afford it and it is within your budget I would invest in a stronger Air CPU Cooler for future proofing your PC.  There are many Air CPU Coolers rated at 150 watts or above that sells for around or less than forty dollars.

NOTE: If your processor's temperature starts reaching 90c (Maximum Operating Temperature) it is time to clean or troubleshoot your CPU Cooler or get a stronger CPU Cooler.

Tried curve optimizer for **bleep**s and giggles. Set all core -10 offset to see how cinebench score would change. All cores ran at 4.4ghz, temps went up by 5 degrees and got a slight bump to multi-core score as expected. Won't give me any fps boost in games and will only cause higher temps so decided to run it without PBO2.

Happy with the results so far. I will definitely consider getting a proper cooler. Maybe then I will re-enable PBO2. Thanks for the answers. My mind is at ease.