cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

warsun
Challenger

APU Ignored

So. I saw the whole thing go down in the Conference. Yeah.... Just completely skipped past APUs huh? She talked about working on All these hardware.

Yeah i know that was Investors support. Good job on that. But i could notice right away.

Um... Shes not talking about Gaming consoles. She just mentioned it. So does that mean we are moving to Graphics cards on New Consoles?

Or does this mean you have no plans to set up higher performance Gaming consoles?

She said nothing. That is concerning. Just as much as we have Enthusiast,Schools that need computers,and Cellphones. But no one is

pushing for Consoles in their designs in that conference. Yeah i heard the CEO of UB Soft. An yeah Stick with Vulkan but. I heard nothing about

hardware. What improvements are you on,in the developments of more pixels an Textures for APUs? What are you doing about the Higher FPS

for the new Consoles or Current consoles. What are the programming depts doing on getting more effects an graphics? Whats going on?

Message was edited by: W Richardson

0 Likes
1 Solution

Because she isn't at liberty to disclose details of a product which hasn't been officially announced by the manufacturer?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Two things. One is that AMD is distancing themselves from the term "APU", and two is that the current rumor with strong evidence points to next generation consoles indeed having discrete video cards, given the target is 4k60, and they appear to be using first generation Ryzen CPU cores, which would make it very weird to refab first generation CPUs with next generation GPUs. Credible Rumor: Sony PS5 to use AMD Ryzen 1st Gen Processor, possible discrete AMD Navi GPU

0 Likes

Sorry for the late reply.. Then why didn't she say that on stage?

0 Likes

Because she isn't at liberty to disclose details of a product which hasn't been officially announced by the manufacturer?