Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

KingPapi6338
Journeyman III

AMD Software Adrenaline Edition Warning

Hi,

For informations sake, I used to have a Ryzen 5 2600 in my pc which is what i started out with. Recently I upgrade to a Ryzen 7 5700g with radeon graphics and I tried to install the drivers for it. Ever since the new cpu i cannot open the AMD software adrenaline which has been really buggin me. Below is the pop up I recieve upon trying to open it or installing a new instance of the drivers

KingPapi6338_0-1718852177616.png

There is another screen that sometimes pops up after i try installing it from AMD that displays that the display drivers failed to load correctly.

I have tried various fixes I have found over the internet to try to solve this issue. The fixes i have tried to incorporate include:

I have tried using the auto detect tool that AMD offers but this seems to not solve the issue. 

I have disabled windows automatically updating device drivers and trying to reinstall the drivers again but to no avail. 

I have used a UDD on my computer while it is in safe mode and completely wiped the drivers of the pc, restarting it and then reinstalling the drivers but to no avail.

I have gone into the %AppData% of the AMD local folder and deleted the CN folder but this also didnt work. (windows auto update was still off) 

Strangely some people reported that renaming a certain folder with the Epic Games launcher could fix it but renaming the folder didnt do anything for me. 

0 Likes
4 Replies

What other graphics card is installed?

Is monitor connected to the on-board port for updating driver?

What driver version is shown in device manager?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I Have been trying to reply for the last couple days but i do not know where they are going...

0 Likes

Seems like that one went through. Okay so i have an Nvidia rtx 2060 graphics card

Both of my monitors are plugged into ports that are associated with my graphics card, but i do have one open HDMI port that plugs straight into my motherboard.

The driver version according to device manager is 31.0.021912.14 and im on windows 11 pro 

0 Likes

You don't need, or can use the amd software with a Nv card in use.

Uninstall the amd radeon/adrenalin software (but not the amd chipset software)  from Windows Apps.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes