Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

kayoh
Journeyman III

Amd Ryzen master utilities crashes my pc when OC

Hi all, 

I have a AMD Ryzen 5900x CPU and have been trying to overclock it using the AMD Ryzen Master Utilities software.
I have tried the Optimize per core and per all cores options which takes a few hours to complete.

After this is done my PC runs amazing on games and I get a nice boost in FPS, the problem is when I restart my PC/Turn my PC on again my PC will just BSOD constantly until I manage to somehow log in and turn the setting off as quick as possible.

Any reason it would keep doing this and how would I go about keeping the Overclocked settings without having to do it manually (i've never overclocked before)

PC Specs:

Amd Ryzen 5900x

Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC

Gigabyte X570 Gaming X motherboard

32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro at 3200Mhz

Corsair TX850M 850w PSU

Cooler Master Master Liquid ML240L V2 AIO CPU cooler

0 Likes
14 Replies
Weber462
Challenger

The Curve optimizer is not bulletproof yet.  What was your adjustment?

0 Likes

Just used the automatic settings 

0 Likes

You might want to try asking on 'overclock.net', they have a 5900/5950 OC thread where someone can probably offer stable settings.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Il check it out thanks 

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

kayoh, what version of Windows (winver in command prompt) and Ryzen Master (RM) are you running? Please post a screenshot of RM. Thanks, John.

0 Likes

Hi Mister, 
running Windows 10 pro Ver 22H2 - OS build - 19045.2364

1.PNG2.PNG

0 Likes

Thanks, kayoh. Looks good to me, any complaints? In your first post, you said after CO (I guess) that you got constant BSODs.  Please post the Basic view of several from your Event Log. What setting did you reset to stop the crashes. To see what happens under stress, please post SSs of Ryzen Master (RM), both Basic and Advanced modes running Cinebench R23. What is "Persistent PCD Values" set to the RM settings screen. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Hi Mister, I get the BSOD after I have used the curve optimizer mode for all cores or per core.
resetting it to off fixes the BSOD crashes. Event log showed event 41 i believe, I can't seem to find that specific event as I haven't tried to use Curve Optimizer in awhile.
I'm not sure if these are the screenshots you wanted: 

current event log, tons of errors not sure why, usually it shows event log 41 i believe when BSOD happens. Only crashes when Curve Optimizer has been turned on

Capture.PNG

 The Curve optimizer on anything other than off causes constant BSOD

percore or all cores crashes.PNG

basic view.PNG

advanced view.PNG

  

0 Likes

And here are some more images under stress test 10min multi core -

stress test cinebench.PNG

stress test basic cinebench.PNG

  

0 Likes

Thanks, kayoh. I don't know what to say. AMD support is on maintenance but I suggest you open a request and see what they say. I have an older Ryzen (3970X) without CO, so I have done no testing. There are several users here with a lot of CO experience - maybe search them out and ask their opinion. Your images (except for Cinebench-not interesting) look fine to me. I am not an OCer, but have done a little optimizing like running NUMA mode. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes
Jerichos911
Adept I

I know this is an old thread. But can anyone help me please. So I just installed ryzen master today and used the curve optimizer.  When it said it needed a restart, I pressed yes and now I can't even get to windows at all. It would blue screen and then I'll try to restart again, and try to get in the bios but still wouldn't let me. I need help. Thank you

I've just had this happen to me , can't get to windows login at all it just keeps restarting itself. Did you find a fix?

0 Likes

Nope sorry mate. I had to turn it back to default settings and remove the curve optimizer. Tried to update bios and drivers then re did the curve optimizer and it still crashes to blue screen every time.  

0 Likes

If your pc keeps restarting you'll have to load into safe mode and try and turn off the curve optimizer 

0 Likes