cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Loaka
Journeyman III

AMD RYZEN MASTER software has permanently overclocked my system

basically (and granted, this isnt an immediate issue unless I discover one) I used a program to test overclocking on my pc. this program is AMD Ryzen Master and I wanted to experiment with my pc's limits to get to a comfortable clock on my cpu to make it go a little more efficient. Well, the program locked itself by getting stuck in a state to where everytime I opened it, it would crash my pc, so I decided to fix it by other means. which even if I got back into it, it would still be broken, due to it causing info in my registry to change. (and I do not know how but it has persisted through a windows reset) So I've tried resetting my bios, I've tried resetting windows. It doesn't seem to want to work. What happened was the program has locked my CPU in a state of overclocking to roughly 4.1+ghz. which isnt really a problem so long as my cooling can keep up and the voltage doesnt become too high. Now it can effect the longevity of my cpu, but this cpu hasnt really been out long enough to determine its life length lol. So for the time being, there isnt really an issue. But if I ever buy a new cpu it could have lingering effects that could mess with me. This is as far as im aware of what could happen. 

I just don't want to be STUCK in this state, I wanted the option to go in and out of it. 

troubleshooting Steps performed list view and in the order I remember:
I completely uninstalled AMD Ryzen Master. erased it from regedit and control panel due to it hard crashing my pc
I reset my bios
I reset windows (reinstalled through local, I can still go by the installation media, just didn't have access to an external drive at the time)

Specs:
Ryzen 7 3700X
MSI B550 MPG GAMING PLUS 
48GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600mhz CL18
GIGABYTE Nvidia RTX 3070

I am also using the stock Prism cooler that came with the cpu.
0 Likes
0 Replies