cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Kenossa
Journeyman III

AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12- Core, idle CPU temp 75*. Can it be lower?

Hello!

I don't have much knowledge on PCs so let me know if you need more info or if something isn't clear.

Recently with hot temperatures outside my PC hasn't been handling it very well, or it was in some sense. The usual idle temp of the CPU is around 75 degrees. At 95 degrees it usually shut downs itself to prevent damage. 

I have had this PC for around half a year, so I've been able to play all kind of games on the highest settings with very high FPS, with no issues with overheating. 

Recently however, with it shutting down quite often, I'm wondering if there is anything I can do first to cool it off, without having to buy additional fans etc. I need to use programs like Blender, Unreal and Unity very often and they can be very heavy for my PC, rising it's temperatures. Right now I'm afraid that while rendering my pc may shut itself off, which could be fatal to my projects. 

Is a 75 degree temp on CPU normal? Should it be lower and if so, how can I do it?

Also maybe there is a program that could help me use settings like making the fans faster when the temp of CPU goes up?

Thanks for any input!

My setup:

Processor: AMD RYZEN 9 7900X 12 core
Mother Board: ASUS X670E-PLUS
Memory:  RAM PATRIOT Viper Venom 32GB 5600MHz 
Graphics Card: MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X Black OC 16GB DLSS 3 (GPU temp is good, usually around 40 degrees)
Processor Cooler: Water Cooler ENDORFY Navis F360 
Case: NZXT H7 Flow RGB White 
Power Supply: CHIEFTEC PPS-1050FC 1050W 80 Plus Gold 
Storage: LEXAR NM790 2TB SSD 

0 Likes
0 Replies