Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

fxnoob
Adept II

AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS running very hot

Hello guys,

I just got a new mini PC with Ryzen 7 7735HS and temps look really bad, after 12h uptime average on CPU is at 87.2C. When it tops to 92.8C I'm 2.2C far from TJmax, which is 95C.temp2.png

The mini PC is running 3 browsers, 2x with 5x+ tabs on (Chrome and Firefox) and 1x with 2 tabs on (Edge), ssh client, vpn client, mail client, corsair iCUE software for Corsair mouse, antivirus, a low old MMO called Twelve Sky 2 Classic perma opened (it barely consumes anything related to memory and CPU).
Bios is locked, I cannot set anything related to voltages, fan curve, PBO disable, etc. I also put the problem on their forums and I wait for reply.
The mini PC is Beelink SER6 Pro Plus 7735HS. I attached a pic from HWinfo64. Waiting for feedback and what can be done farther. Thanks.
0 Likes
1 Solution

I received latest BIOS from Support (opened ticket on site).

Before: Ver. 1.11 EC FW: 1.13 release date: 21.12.2022
Now: Ver. 1.13 EC FW: 1.15.01 release date: 21.02.2023

Changes:
- now in bios I can set CPU to 35W or 45W (I set it at 45W), this was locked before.
- temps are waaaay better (74-79C) with my usage posted in 1st reply (from 88-92C).
- the vent is spinning now, I can hear it clearly, also when usage is high it spins with increased velocity, compared to before, when I was barely hearing it even at 92.9C

This bios corrected all bugs and now I can enjoy my machine, it works as it should :).

View solution in original post

13 Replies
fxnoob
Adept II

Found this tutorial and solved the temperature problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl4Fs-ZjlkA

Until they release a fix I will stay with Turbo Boost disabled. Obviously this small machine doesn't have enough cooling power and permanent 90-92C would do damage to the CPU.

fxnoob_0-1677328124952.png

fxnoob, please contact your system vendor if you have not. Please download Ryzen Master (RM) from AMD and see if it will install. If it does, please post a screenshot of RM you see the high temperatures. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Fxnoob, what is result for RM? Thanks, John.

0 Likes

Hello, RM doesn't work on this CPU, gave error. But adrenaline is showing the results, attached.

This is without turbo boost.

fxnoob_0-1677400331485.png

Thanks, fxnoob. Max temperature is 95C so you are fine at 62C. There is no problem except perhaps you system vendor, so no fix. BTW, no Turbo on AMD, PBO. Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

See if you feel air flow coming out of your Mini-PC?

From the Manufacturer's Webpage concerning your Mini-PC: https://www.bee-link.net/products/beelink-amd-ryzen-7-7735hs-mini-pc

Here it is showing the 2 fans the Mini-PC has. One for the CPU and the other for your System:

Screenshot 2023-02-23 120942.pngScreenshot 2023-02-25 094200.png

According to the above images your Mini-PC shouldn't be overheating or getting as hot as you indicated. So I would open a Beelink Support ticket to see if they need to check your PC under Warranty or suggest a new BIOS or Hardware fix as mentioned by FXNOOB.

NOTE: Ryzen Master will not install on your Mini-PC since it is using a Laptop Processor which is incompatible with Ryzen Master.

0 Likes

I just looked at a review by ETA Prime on Youtube and his SER6 Pro went up to 71C while gaming, I don't understand why my unit has these temps. I looked at all info about this mini PC and I know all this stuff you put here. If turbo boost is enabled is going easy around 90-92C permanently. Is blowing very hot air behind it, above the cables and sometimes I can hear the vent spinning, is not noisy at all. I wrote an email, also on their forums. With default frequency (3.0ghz - 3.2ghz) it stays at 60-65C so cooling system works. If is BIOS related I hope they will provide a fix.

The Maximum Operating Temperature of your Laptop processor is 95c as you mentioned so no damage to the processor will occur as long as the processor is running at 95c or below.

It was engineered to run at 95c. Once it reaches 95c and above the processor starts to automatically throttle or slow down to keep temps at 95c or below.

I would open a Beelink Support ticket besides the forum. Possibly they are aware of this issue and may have a BETA BIOS for you to update with.

Does sound like the Cooling system is generally working but according to Beelink Program temps it doesn't go above 75c.

So either your Cooling System is not as efficient now then when it was brand new or possibly the Thermal paste on the CPU Cooler is not working as well as before or your vents are dirty and not getting enough air flow inside your Mimi-PC.

EDIT: Looking again at AMD Specs for your laptop processor it seems to have a adjustable TDP rating from 35 watts to 54 watts.

See in in BIOS you can set the TDP to 35 watts. That should run your processor much cooler.

0 Likes

I opened support ticket also. And the unit is 2 days old, didn't have time to be dirty :). It was brand new, sealed and everything, order was received yesterday. In the moment I enable turbo boost, goes up to 90C fast. I'm waiting for their reply in mail and support ticket.

Thanks for the update.

Please post Beelink's reply if any.

0 Likes

I received latest BIOS from Support (opened ticket on site).

Before: Ver. 1.11 EC FW: 1.13 release date: 21.12.2022
Now: Ver. 1.13 EC FW: 1.15.01 release date: 21.02.2023

Changes:
- now in bios I can set CPU to 35W or 45W (I set it at 45W), this was locked before.
- temps are waaaay better (74-79C) with my usage posted in 1st reply (from 88-92C).
- the vent is spinning now, I can hear it clearly, also when usage is high it spins with increased velocity, compared to before, when I was barely hearing it even at 92.9C

This bios corrected all bugs and now I can enjoy my machine, it works as it should :).

I have the same issue. Hopefully, they reply to my support ticket or post the BIOS update on their site.

0 Likes

Hello, they responded to ticket in less than 24h and I communicated with them by e-mail, based on that ticket number opened on bee-link.com, service & repair. I'm sure no one gets ignored. Please note that they are on China Timezone, for me they responded very late, at 3AM in the morning.