cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

barakbirak
Adept I

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Overheating and shutting down PC while only while gaming

So as the title says, i have a new computer (few months) and i have this problem since the beginning. At first, i thought it was my GPU (RTX 3060) so i switched it for a new one and it kept happening. Then, the second time we replaced the processor, it keeps happening. I have a processor cooler - Be Quiet 150 Watt

I can say that few minutes ago i played for test - Rouge Company and the processor reach 89.6 Celsius. 

The guy i bought my computer from recommended me to get a water cooling system which i gotta say i dont think i should do because it shouldnt overheat like that even without water system

I would love to get some advices here

0 Likes
7 Replies
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

What's the name of your cooler? Did you two take the plastic piece off the cooler when mounting it to the processor? 

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
0 Likes

Be Quiet Pure rock 2BK007 150W

About your other question, actually, i wan not the one building the PC and i dont have an understanding of it. The other guy built it (its his work) so i guess he would know about the plastic. Is it worth asking him?

0 Likes

I also have the pure rock and using the 5800X3D. Only under intense benchmarking do my CPU hit 90c. (Though I do have a second fan on mine, so that could help as well) But I'm inclined to agree with @vialli100 your case may have bad airflow or my original thought about a bad mount. @barakbirak  And yeah, you can ask the person who built it just to be sure. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
vialli100
Forerunner

What case do you have and fans installed in it?

It could just be bad airflow.

Having looked at a few reviews and video's, that is not the best cooler around 80 - 87c is quite common.

It is cheap and the base plate from what I have seen is not one I would buy.

I think you would do better with an 240mm AIO, but not the cheapest one. I have a Lian Li Galahad 240 and it is brilliant..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
barakbirak
Adept I

@GreatnessRD @vialli100 
i wanna thank you guys so much! you gave me more clarity on what to look for. I appreciate your help

USN-DC2-RET
Adept I

Your CPU may not be "overheating" as much as you suspect it is, IF the maximum safe sustained temp is 90C, and you are pushing it with game play or benchmarking software, especially if it is not shutting down and turning the machine off. With an 8 core / 16 thread CPU, for gaming, and a 3060, I tend to agree with via...if possible I would move to a quality AIO, use a high end thermal paste, and it should cool it off considerably. 

AMD 5950X, ASUS Dark Hero, Corsair 128G DP 3600 CL18, Corsair H170i 420mm AIO, ASUS RTX 3090 24G OC, Corsair AX 1600i, Samsung 980 Pro 2T X 2, Corsair 7000D Airflow, Samsung 32 @ 4K.
0 Likes
Kollol
Journeyman III

Did you find any solution to the problem?

I'm the same problem for days bow

0 Likes