cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Jonoace
Adept II

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x New System now completed With Cinebench Results Look Good

Multi Core Test All CoresMulti Core Test All CoresMulti Cor All Cores  ResultMulti Cor All Cores ResultSingle CoreSingle Core

06abb717-7ea1-4a3a-b5bb-f01966cf90b2.png

Hi Guys It's been a while since I have been on here I have now completed my new system build with Win11 with Ryzen  7 5800x and using Noctua NH-U12S Redux cooler and according to the results its looking good 

Highest CUP All Cores was 83c/Average 81.3c temp (I know quite high but that was expected)  but it never went over that mark. In the tests (all test ran for over 15 mins ) on Ryzen Master App.  

On Single core it was 63c Average quite impressive ,was expecting to be higher than that. So the build was a total succuss and bracing for some issues but did not have any when installed win 11.(not exactly a perfect O.S.)  

So I can totally recommend this air cooler for this chip ,however you will need the 2nd fan kit  to go with it to keep this CPU cool. I have had the PC virtually on all day for a week and have no issues, no crashes no freezes nothing, so far all looking good. I have yest to game on it though.

BIOS updated Ron file to the very lasted version and this is what I finally chose the hardware. 

7 5800x AMD Ryzen

Asrock B550 MTX Steel Legend M.B.

Kingston DDR4 Beast 16GB C17 Memory AT 3600 1.35V

W.D. SN770 SSD 1GB Gen 4 

Kingston 1 TB SDD NV2 NVME Gen 3 

Coolmaster MWE 650WATT Modular PSU Gold . 

3 Air fans  intake at the Front

2  Exhaust fans at the top 

1 Exhaust fan at the back. 

Using my AMD  ATI 480 GPU for now. (will replace it later in the year.) 

Any thoughts or questions  happy to help

IMG_20230311_194755.jpg  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thanks for that can you send me that link  so have a look in more detail.Arc was 1st on my list dispite better stable  recently new drivers, I worry if will fold the GPU in 2 or 3 years from now  and close it down hence no future driver support. That's my worry.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
rdenmon
Challenger

Good job. I think you can easily crack 15k-15.5k, tweak a little more! I Love Superposition...So when you get a real GPU- get that program. - Keep up the good work!

Jonoace
Adept II

I am now torn apart what GPU to get, I get the XFX SWIFT Radeon 7600 (non XT) 10GB for €329(£289) 

The other one is the Powercolour Red Devil 6650XT 8GB but is more expensive €359 

My only worry is the xfx is rather long 30.5 cm will fit in my case only just 6cm to spare from the front fans. 

The other one I was looking was the Asrock Intel Arc 770 8GB €339

Just want the best match for my CPU 7  5800X 

Any thoughts and ideas ? 

0 Likes

I think id splurge and get the 6950xt (if you can afford) as its like 699usd RIGHT NOW. That is a huge sale. It will likely outperform the two you were thinking by light years.

Jonoace
Adept II

Too Expensive !!!! just for the 900xt you talking over 1000 euros!!!!!! see here 

https://www.pccomponentes.com/tarjetas-graficas/amd-radeon-rx-6900 

Also my 24  inch monitor is 1080P Asus TUF  Gaming version so it would be pointless me going for those cards anyway,also my PSU is 650 WATT

my budget is 375 euros  tops 

0 Likes

rdenmon_0-1679883077911.png

Welp then the choice is rather obvious. Look at the metrics here....

Also, I know everyone wants the best of the best...I know ppl who have and old 1080 which still can play every single game that is out there. So keep that in mind as well. I think you are going to love your computer, tweak it a lil bit as well and enjoy for three- four years then upgrade!

Finally purchased the XFX Radeon 6700 10GB £315 for a good price. Get it Monday.

0 Likes

Awesome. The pieces are coming together. They were prrtty comparable and you picked the one you wanted. Show us a picture of it all together

All done and dusted Great card after a few GPU Tweaks and now can play Last Of Us on 90-110 FPS using FSR.2  And Timespy 3D Mark of 11660  Excellent  GPU . 

IMG_20230404_112853.jpgIMG_20230404_114605.jpg

Screenshot 2023-04-07 133946.png

0 Likes

Thanks for that can you send me that link  so have a look in more detail.Arc was 1st on my list dispite better stable  recently new drivers, I worry if will fold the GPU in 2 or 3 years from now  and close it down hence no future driver support. That's my worry.

I think because they are so comparable, I'd go for the cheaper of two - additionally I bet and does more driver updates. Hopefully that helps you decide

https://versus.com/en/gigabyte-radeon-rx-6650-xt-gaming-oc-vs-intel-arc-a770-8gb

https://versus.com/en/amd-radeon-rx-6750-xt-vs-gigabyte-radeon-rx-6650-xt-gaming-oc-vs-intel-arc-a77...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y07AYpU2iiY

0 Likes

Wise.