cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

Caughy
Journeyman III

AMD RYZEN 5600G White Light

I have an AMD Ryzen 5600g processor. Today suddenly my monitors would not show any display. I tried multiple cords and multiple monitors. I opened up my tower and the motherboards white indicator light is on for a VGA issue. I've checked all my connections and everything is tight.

I have no iideahow to get it working again. Has anyone had this issue?

Parts

Coolermaster 850w PSU

ASUS ROG STRIX B500-I Gaming Mobo

AMD Ryzen 5 5600G processor

ASUS GeForce RTX 3050 GPU

Corsair Ven RGB P SL 3600 8gb x2 (1822w)

I have also tried pressing space and/or delete when booting and can't get into any bios.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Caughy, please do a Clear CMOS and try again using the video card. Thanks and enjoy, John.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

Caughy, please post all your parts. Do you have a video card or you using the on board video connector? Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I've just added my parts in the main post. I must've been tired cause I called my processor my motherboard 🤦‍

0 Likes

Caughy, are your monitors plugged into a video card or the mainboard? Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I've tried both and neither work.

0 Likes

Caughy, please do a Clear CMOS and try again using the video card. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Thank you John, this resolved it

0 Likes

Great, Caughy, Glad to help. Enjoy, John.

0 Likes
GaryDp
Journeyman III

Yes,

I had this same issue on a recent build no more than a month the PC died using this processor.  It showed no Video at first as explained by the person I built the PC for.  The CPU was purchased a few months prior to the new system build since I used it on a Dj computer back in 2023 and never saw the light of day afterwards as it was a once time use.  The CPU was removed and stored away until I found a use for the CPU, since I'm an Intel user I never found a case i needed to use it again since the DJ computer was a budget build.  The CPU was put into use as my friend needed a no frills computer to use no GPU just the built in GPU on the Ryzen 5600G was good enough.  The first week after he moved he turned it on and NO SIGNAL, it was working prior to the move so I asked him to bring it by.  So it's verified no signal, so checked everything over took the whole system apart, placed it on a test rig everything including power supply.  Removed CPU reseated and new paste put in an AIO as I've known the CPU to exhibit some heat issues being a 65W CPU I was questioning why it got hot so quickly even though it wasn't underload.  Reset the BIOS everything started again, a few weeks later it started to show NO SIGNAL again I had originally thought the move might of moved the CPU around since there was clearly marks of the case being bumped.  This was not the problem, checked the computer again the MSI shows a diag led 4 of them one says CPU, that stays lit and the power LED on the motherboard doesn't light as it doesn't go past post.  No video on screen nothing, everything else powers up except motherboard shows no CPU post.  Reseated Memory from 2, 4, to 1, 3 nothing, I put in a known working CPU that booted that system so clearly resetting BIOS may not work in all cases.  Even with a reset BIOS and a working CPU works then that only says that the CPU in question is defective.  AMD is now asking too many questions if I actually did my homework on the diagnosis. OMG taking apart a whole system then reassembling twice is not enough?

0 Likes