cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Devilboxerj
Adept I

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Overheating

I am very new to the Pc world and have no idea if this is supposed to happen but my CPU averages around 50-70 degrees on idle , and the highest I have seen the temperature go before crashing is 116 degrees. right now I have taken the side panel off my pc and i out a fan next to it to hopefully cool it down and  it sits at 96 while I have one tab of YouTube open. I really have no idea what to do these are my specs if it helps : 
GeForce rtx 3060 
16gb RAM with 2400Mhz 

11 Replies
Richi0121
Adept I

Thermal paste good?

yeah reapplied it the other day

0 Likes

im sat idle right now with only this tab open and its between 75-93

0 Likes

I am not very experienced either, but that seems hot even for no cooling at all. Mean one browser would be like 6% load max?

0 Likes

i have a cooler all together i have 6 fan 4 of them came with the case and 2 of them are the cpu cooling 

0 Likes

do you have the option to test a different cpu on it?

0 Likes

not at the moment 

0 Likes

What cpu cooler make/model, what idle speed is cpu, how many/what apps are set for start up in task manager, what windows power plan, is bios set up on auto or fixed speed, motherboard make/model & not using its software apps for tuning?  

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
Angeluk
Challenger

What is your cooler? You may try to reinstall your cpu cooler, fresh paste, and undervolt it.

0 Likes
xdoctax
Journeyman III

Sounds like pump has failed, cooler not mounted properly or tight enough. I would say pump has gone or not plugged in to header.

0 Likes
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Can you send a picture of your cooler with the fans attached?

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
0 Likes