cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

s1ntara
Journeyman III

AMD RYZEN 3600X REACHES 95 DEGREE UNDER SIMPLE GAMING.

Hi 

I have AMD Ryzen 3600 processor with Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO.

The CPU Reaches 95 Degrees under simple gaming. This leads to frame drop in games like DOTA 2.

Please suggest what to do?

0 Likes
4 Replies

At 95c that is the point at where the CPU starts to throttle to keep the temperature at 95c or below for your specific AMD CPU. Thus the FPS drop.

I would check your AIO for proper installation and that the pump is working and fluid is flowing inside the tubing. At the CPU the AIO Intake hose should be slightly cooler than the Outtake hose.

I also would check for proper Air Flow inside your Computer case or where the Radiator and Fan are located. Make sure the fan is running at Maximum speed when it the CPU starts getting hot.

NOTE: You AMD Processor is rated TDP is 95 Watts so the AIO you have installed should be good enough to keep the processor cool under heavy loads.

My radiator is connected at top and fans have 'exhaust' type air flow.

I have 3 120mm intake fans at front, 1 exhaust fan at back and the radiator with 2 exhaust fans at top. The pump runs fine. I think there is a defect in the cpu for which it is unnecessarily overheating with simple games like DOTA 2. I even have a 2070 Super. Its an overkill for game like DOTA 2. 

0 Likes

I would reseat your block, because it only has the 2 fixing points..

When I first installed my Galahad I thought it was ok, but it was slightly out and my temps were a little high..

I took it off and cleaned, reapplied arctic silver and everything was good.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes
vialli100
Forerunner

I have a Ryzen 3700x with the Galahad 240 and my temps never gets over 60c in a warm room..

My rad is at the top of my case, where is yours and are the pipes above the CPU block? Where the pipes enter/exit the rad).

You need to plug the PUMP cable into the AIO or water header on the mobo too and have it running full speed, my fans are controlled by the mobo header..

If the CPU block is correctly installed you should be much cooler than that....

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes