cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

OOPS1972
Journeyman III

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G w. Radeon Vega 8 graphics recurring error 43 on restart.

Hello. I'm very new to all of this malarky so am looking for some assistance.  I am having the error 43 issue with the display adaptor part of my processor.

Now, I have gotten as far as to fix the issue with the use of the Adrenaline installer from the AMD site but the issue I am having is that as soon as I restart the computer the error 43 returns again. (When I run adrenaline I check the 'uninstall previous drivers' box).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, but please remember I'm not a computer engineer so you'll need to explain it to me as if you are instructing a child or elderly relative. Many thanks.

Oh, I should probably say that I haven't changed any hardware on my PC and have been using it for the past two years since purchase. Purchased new and unused. I noticed the error message about three weeks ago when I started getting messages about an issue of something to do with the display while playing a game which had previously been running fine. I only got the message once so I can't remember exactly what it said. It was while checking this out with device manager that I noticed the error 43 message.

Also, I noticed that around the same time the AMD interface that I used to have was no longer there and on trying to reinstall I got a message saying that the installation had failed as it was incompatible with my system?

0 Likes
6 Replies

First do you have Windows 10 or 11 installed?

Here is the latest APU processor Integrated Graphics AMD Driver: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-3-desktop-processors-radeon-vega-g...

Doesn't list any drivers for Windows 11.

Run DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) with the internet disconnected and deleting AMD Driver Installation folder at C:\AMD.

Once DDU reboots back to the Windows Desktop run the full AMD driver package. If it installs successfully delete again C:\AMD to prevent future conflicts or incompatibilities.

Ah, sorry, I knew I'd forget something. Yeah I'm on Windows 10. Thankyou for the advice, I'll give that a try.

0 Likes

Do I download all of the items in the link? I ask because there are two versions of Adrenaline? Do I need Auto detect, Ryzen master, and StoreMI also?

0 Likes

No just one driver.

There are 2 Adrenaline driver listed. The first one is "Optional" or BETA and the second one is WHQL which means it past Microsoft compatibility and stability test for Windows.

I would personally use the WHQL Driver which would be more stable than the Optional one. Later on you can update it to the Optional one if the WHQL is insufficient for your needs.

The third App STOREMI is not a driver but a RAID type program to unite a SSD with a HDD drive. So I wouldn't download that or even try to install it.

Ryzen Master is a Overclocking and Monitoring AMD CPU APP for your Ryzen Processor.

I personally wouldn't use Auto-Detect and just manually download the latest drivers from AMD download page from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

OOPS1972, with so little information, there is no way to respond. Please post screenshots of the errors and post all the components of your system including OS (winver command in Command Prompt). Until we understand your problem, I would suggest you avoid taking any action and especially running third party software. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

The guy has a APU with a Device Manager error code 43 for his integrated graphics.

Please look up Device Manager error 43.

Screenshot 2023-01-05 221209.png

Code 43 errors can be fixed by proper method of installing the AMD driver as  a first step.