cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

numerique
Adept I

Re: amd ryzen 1700 screen freezing

Thanks for keeping us updated. My system is still freezing every few hours or so.

Screenshot from 2017-05-23 20-01-25.png

I haven't managed to make the NVIDIA drivers work though. So, I am still using the Nouveau drivers...

Screenshot from 2017-05-23 20-06-01.png

0 Kudos
cusa123
Adept I

I have no problem with the ballistix memory, but there is no Linux operating system which can measure temperature without being able to update kernel.

To those who use linux do some version that can help me with a gigabyte?.

* Amd ryzen R7 1700  (wraith spire)

* crucial Ballistix  bls8g4d240fsek 2x8 ddr4 2400 udimm.

* Gigabyte Ax370 gaming 5 aorus

* nvidia gtx 970sc evga

* Psu cooler master gx 750

* Os Linux mint 18.1 (kernel 4.4  Unfortunately I am not able to operate, a kernel.)

The problems I have are only motherboard with respect to drivers waiting for an improvement in esl system kernel.

0 Kudos
gkeawe
Challenger

Hey marschall, there was a bios update 0613 available today for the Asus Prime B350-Plus, so far in a Windows environment it appears stable, will load a Linux os check it out.

0 Kudos
numerique
Adept I

Hey gkeawe,

thanks for the heads up. I installed the new BIOS released this week. Unfortunately my system still freezes.

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700
  • RAM: Crucial Ballistix DDR4, (2x 8192 MB) (lowered again the operating frequency; now to 1800MHz)
  • Intel 1607245 Solid-state Drive 600p Series 512 GB
  • Grafik: NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 (running on Ubuntu's Nouveau drivers because the NVIDIA ones wont run on my system)
  • Mainboard: ASUS PRIME B350M (with the bios 2017/04/10 update)
  • OS: Ubuntu 16.04 (with 4.11 kernel update and using the processor microcode firmware for AMD cpus)
0 Kudos
nubiocicarini
Journeyman III

Hello,

I was experiencing a locking problem and blue screen with the error "clock _whatchdog_timeout" on windows 10 with ryzen 7 1700. The processor had high temperatures and high voltages. The problem was solved shortly after successive attempts to install the windows 10 update. It should be some kind of incompatibility between the operating system and the new ryzen processor. At archlinux it worked perfectly first.

0 Kudos
luigy
Adept I

Its the version of the windows. Use de media tool provide for MS and installed in the USB stick. Then install the system. Its working ok for me. Ryzen 5 1600 with asus chroshhair vi hero.

0 Kudos
marschall
Adept I

Sorry for the late response,

Changing the RAM module didn' t exterminate the random freezes in my case also. It takes a lot more time but eventually freezes.

I wonder how many percent of Ryzen 1700 users are suffering from this. I believe AMD should recall this chips. What's the guarantee that these issues will be fixed by a bios update?

numerique
Adept I

Agreed! AMD should recall these chips. I wasted several weeks trying to debug the issue without success. The BIOS updates and drivers updates kept feeding my hope so I have not returned my computer. Now it is too late, I can no longer return my computer and I am stuck with a piece of hardware which is causing nothing but headaches. 

0 Kudos
rsmaiaa
Journeyman III

I am experiencing the same issue this is my setup:

ryzen 1700

asus prime x370 pro

g.skill tridentz 3200mhz c16 (GTZB)

SSD pny 240gb

asus gtx 1080 strix oc

I have installed Windows several times and it didn't fix the issue. Still freezing , mouse still responds for a time. Before it was occurring mostly during web navigation(chrome), now even during gaming and on Davinci Resolve it's freezing. Idk what to do... any fixes or workarounds at this time?  (english is not my main language, sorry )

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar

can we get more info. what power supply? what ram timings and all voltages set in bios. if you can please grab some screen shots of the bios that will help alot.

0 Kudos