cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ryanc_2169
Journeyman III

AMD Bootkit program is a joke!!!!!! 3/10/2021

To attempt getting an AMD bootkit a terrible, atrocious process.  Starting off with 5900x and Asus Tuf x-570 plus (wi-fi). So i contact Asus and they stated i need a prior gen ryzen to first update the BIOS so i can use 5900x CPU. So after i received and archived the messages i started my warranty process with AMD. Waited one day and they requested more information from me , CPU picture, message from motherboard manufacturer, and receipt of CPU. Waited 4 days to get a reply, always getting messages around 3:00 am-6:00 CST. AMD rep. "Kumar" states we are unable to help me because my motherboard supports USB Bios Flash. and refers me to a link of a completely different motherboard than what i own. Not only that he can't even write his sentences grammatically correct, because English is not his first language. Today is day 7 and i've gotten nowhere. I've given Kumar the information requested which is accurate and honest, but refuses to comprehend and acknowledge the information requested from AMD's website to apply for this CPU loaner. Its unfortunate AMD has outsourced its warranty service to foreigners who don't read and comprehend north american English. This is my first AMD CPU i never thought this process could be any slower and difficult as i have experienced. I guess i'll be going back to team Blue Intel. I don't understand why they offer this service if it like dealing with a used car salesman.  

Dear Cory,

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8201066826]} has been reviewed and updated.

Response and Service Request History:

Thank you for your Email:

Please be informed The provided motherboard model number have USB BIOS flashback option. I suggest you please contact motherboard manufacturer regarding USB BIOS flashback option to update the latest BIOS on your motherboard.

Sorry to say, you aren't eligible for BOOTKIT .

In order to update this service request, please respond without deleting or modifying the service request reference number in the email subject or in the email correspondence below.

Please Note: This service request will automatically close if we do not receive a response within 10 days and cannot be reopened.

If it is not feasible to respond within 10 days, feel free to open a new service request and reference this ticket for continued support.

Best regards,

Kumar

0 Likes
4 Replies

The AMD Representative must of confused your Asus TUF Gaming X570 Plus (WiFi) for the Asus TUF Gaming X570 Pro (WiFi).

I happened to purchase the Asus TUF Gaming X570 Pro (WiFi) and it does have the BIOS FLASHBACK feature while your doesn't.

By the way, that was one of the Main reasons I purchased the Pro and not the Plus for the BIOS FLASHBACK Feature.

I would remit your BOOT KIT request again and show an image of the Retailer's Receipt showing the Motherboard Make & Model plus also a photo of the rear of your motherboard where the Inputs and Outputs are to show that there is no BIOS FLASHBACK button.

I would be happy they have this program at all.

@Earnhardt 

Good point. I also might add that it probably isn't cheap to run the Boot Kit program.

Without the Boot Kit program, Users would have to spend money to either take the motherboard to a computer shop to have the BIOS updated or return the Motherboard under Warranty to have the BIOS updated or try to find a compatible processor to temporarily install to update the BIOS.

So if Users have to go for a few days until the Boot Kit arrives without charge I believe it is worth the extra annoyances involved with the program.

But eventually all Motherboards will incorporate the BIOS FLASHBACK feature that is now available on select Motherboards. This will eliminate to have to order a AMD Boot kit in the future.

0 Likes

I did a lot of research before buying mobo for the 'flashback+' option.

So yeh, some buyers opt for cheaper older version, or possibly can't find newer in stock.

My local area stores do free update on cpu/mobo combo, obviously probably not offered on Int. web purchase. 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes