cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Lukasz369ns
Adept I

AMD 7950x problem with AMD Radeon 2 CU

hello, I have a problem with AMD Radeon 2 CU, even though the 7950x does not have an integrated graphics card, I have a problem with it. When the computer starts thinking for a moment in viewport 3ds max, it hangs and restarts (kernel error 41 63). The power supply, motherboard, RAM and everything else is fine. Updating the driver helped for a while, but the problem returns sporadically. The AMD Adrenaline software also does not work for me, I cannot download anything from the Microsoft Store, I can only update the driver myself. Is AMD Radeon 2 CU needed? I have an Nvidia RTX 4070 Ti and if the computer uses it, there is no problem. Is it the processor's fault? Is this a manufacturing defect?

Asus x670e-a motherboard
G.skill 96GB 6400MHz memory
be quiet! cooling Silent Loop 2 360mm
Palit GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GamingPro OC 12GB graphics
MSI MPG A1000G 1000W 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.0 power supply

0 Likes
5 Replies
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

The 7950X does have an integrated GPU with 2 Compute Units.

Try to disable it at bios level and uninstall adrenalin.

Good luck 

The Englishman
0 Likes

I tried turning it off and it's still the same. The computer freezes during normal operation in viewport. When playing, there is no problem. Maybe I didn't turn it off in the BIOS? Where can I find this function exactly?

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Does it happen only on that application And no where else?

The Englishman
0 Likes

I only use my computer to work in 3ds max and sometimes, but rarely, to play games, but sometimes it also throws an error in Windows, e.g. the computer has been idle for a long time and suddenly you start doing something, as if it came to life

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

Lukasz369ns, be sure to get all AMD drivers from here. John.

0 Likes