Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Sylar1092
Journeyman III

Above 4g decoding breaking my networking

90F16318-348F-4542-B400-9D422C7B4A85.jpeg

Hi guys I just turned on above 4g decoding to enable resize bar and when I boot my network doesn’t work?

I currently have a Ryzen 5 3500x and a a320m hdv r4 motherboard on version 7.00

BC9AFEC4-16F9-4E67-A1B4-44BF4A97F3FE.jpeg

0 Likes
5 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

Strange one, Sylar1092. Please open the Device manager, find your two network adapters and see if anything looks suspicious.  In your first SS it has "View detailed information", please post a screenshot of that. Thanks and enjoy, John.

EDIT: Please open a support request with you MB vendor and make sure all you drivers are up to data. Get AMD drivers here, not you vendor.

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

Is this a CLEAN install of Windows on this hardware?

Update your BIOS to latest

Update your AM4 chipset drivers to latest

IF still persists, open up device manager and under view select "show hidden devices"

IF this is a "dirty" install of Windows , then go through every drop down list and remove all greyed out entries as well as any "unknown device" listings and "other devices"

IF it is a CLEAN install of Windows on this hardware .. THEN uninstall any Realtek network devices and any "unknown" or "other" devices listed

Reboot. Windows will reinstall anything that it was actually using

Might help .. might not

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

Sylar1092, what version of Windows are you running (winver command in a command prompt)? Still like to see the RM SS. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes
kilyan
Adept I

Hello, i have the same issue, and i have a dual boot windows 10/11

When i enable above 4g decoding the windows 10 doesn't boot and windows 11 networking boots but the networking is broken, in the device manager the network devices tell that they were unable to boot. 

0 Likes

kilyan, please open a new thread and post all your systems components and information on the error message you are getting. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes