trongs
Adept I

Re: A8-7680 Motherboard support

The A8-7680 is stronger than the A10-7890K and has a new architecture

0 Kudos
trongs
Adept I

and so you know we have the most common processor is Phenom II x4 955 on socket AM3, so about new products we can not talk, the AM4 platform will be available in 10 years, when completely outdated and prices will fall by 20 times

0 Kudos
trongs
Adept I

ASRock only has two FM2+ socket Motherboards that has new BIOS that supports the A8-7680,  and I have a completely different motherboard.

0 Kudos
trongs
Adept I

last BIOS version is 2.90

0 Kudos
trongs
Adept I

ASRock Support ticket 

unsubscribed as you

ASRock only has two FM2+ socket Motherboards that has new BIOS that supports the A8-7680

0 Kudos
elstaci
MVP

I know, that was the point of showing you what IS SUPPORTED by ASRock.

That all of ASRock FM2 socket motherboards aren't compatible with the new CPU. Only two FM2+ Socket are and have updated BIOSes.

You're taking your frustration out on the wrong company and wrong Forum. You need to talk to ASRock about providing a new BIOS for your motherboard. Most likely they will say the new CPU is not compatible with your motherboard.

It isn't AMD's fault that their new CPU is not compatible with your motherboard, it is ASRock's fault since they were the ones that created your motherboard and provides the BIOSes needed to make newer CPUs compatible.

I understand financially, it is a hardship, to upgrade. Try buying one of the 2 FM2+ motherboards that support the new AMD CPU. That way you only need to spend money on a new motherboard and CPU. Hopefully the RAM Memory you have will be compatible with the new CPU. If not, then you are stuck with your FM2 socket motherboard until some major hardware goes bad and forces you to upgrade.

0 Kudos

In Bizzaro World yes, but in what we call reality, the 7890K is much stronger than the 7680.

0 Kudos
kurios
Journeyman III

You need a68 chipset. You have a58 so that processor will not work even you update the bios.

0 Kudos
trongs
Adept I

You need a68 chipset. You have a58 so that processor will not work even you update the bios.

I have ONE OF the BEST

a88

Asrock fm2a88x killer fatal1ty

0 Kudos
trongs
Adept I

when there will already be A8-7680 processor support on  Fatal1ty FM2A88X+ Killer ??????????

where new BIOS ????????????????

0 Kudos