Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Xje96
Journeyman III

A-15 pin of the AM5 socket broke

Hi there,

I got Ryzen 9 7950X with X670-E HERO motherboard on my PC, but the pin A-15 on the motherboard was broken during build-up. May I ask that what's the function of the A-15 pin on AM5 socket (like VSS or something) and will it effect the processor?

Sorry for my poor expression and best regards

QQ截图20221226003052.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

First your Motherboard's Warranty is voided due to Customer Error.

The only way of finding out is by installing the Processor and see if it boots up without errors or BSODs.

Many pins on the Processor are redundant like Ground. If A-15 refers to a ground then most likely your Processor will work without issue.

Then again if A-15 is damaged enough so that it might short out with another pin installing the Processor might damage the processor itself.

You could open a Asus Support ticket but then they will know you damaged the Motherboard.

I would open a AMD SUPPORT ticket and asked them if you should install the processor in that motherboard or not. Most likely they will probably say not to since the socket is damaged from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

View solution in original post

2 Replies

First your Motherboard's Warranty is voided due to Customer Error.

The only way of finding out is by installing the Processor and see if it boots up without errors or BSODs.

Many pins on the Processor are redundant like Ground. If A-15 refers to a ground then most likely your Processor will work without issue.

Then again if A-15 is damaged enough so that it might short out with another pin installing the Processor might damage the processor itself.

You could open a Asus Support ticket but then they will know you damaged the Motherboard.

I would open a AMD SUPPORT ticket and asked them if you should install the processor in that motherboard or not. Most likely they will probably say not to since the socket is damaged from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

Thanks alot, I tried to open a ticket with ur link. About the warranty of my motherboard, I think that should be OK since the fee for socket changing is quite low like 25 USD for my region but it costs lots of time.