Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Dream0386
Journeyman III

7950X3D Temperature and clocks

Good morning

First of all, dsl for my bad language, I'm French. I would like to come back to you following the acquisition of my R9 7950X3D on an AORUS X670E MASTER motherboard, coupled with 64GB DDR5 6000 and a 7900 XTX. I have two concerns:

1- Under HWInfo, I have my CPU never reaches the max frequency on any core. The maximum frequency is 5325 MHz....

2 - I reach the maximum temperature of 89° very quickly. The CPU adjusts its frequency on its own so as not to exceed the temperature. For information, I haven't overclocked anything, everything is original. So, under DVDFab, when I convert a video, the PC shuts down by itself!!!!! I find that unacceptable. For information, my cooling is a corsair h150i elite capellix xt, to which I added 3 additional fans to have a push / pull....

If anyone can help me before I get the urge to resell this CPU......

Maybe it's just a setting on the motherboard?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Koyote7667
Challenger

When you want to sell it, please hit me up.  

0 Likes
Lukeman269
Adept I

Update your bios. DDR5 RAM had a lot of issues from the start and would cause your PC to shutdown exactly how you described. 

If you run expo 1 or 2 you will need to adjust the voltage for the RAM. I went to 1.36v and I run expo 1.

0 Likes