cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Steakster
Journeyman III

7950x3D Per-Core Boost Limit Not Working

I am trying to set Per-Core Boost Limits on my 7950x3D with my ASUS Crosshair X670-E Hero. But it seems when I set limits they are ignored, or at least briefly ignored, and seems to cause other problems. Maybe someone can explain why these things happen. For example. If I run CCD0 Core 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 at max limit set to 5000 they will all be at that limit, but now if I do 1,2,3,4 set to 5000 and 5,6,7,8 set to 4800. Cores 5,6,7,8 then do not reach 4800 and instead get stuck around 4300. It also takes anywhere from 30-60 seconds post loading in that the limits actually become active, before then, it will boost above the limit set.

test1.png

Here is the run with all the cores set to 5000mhz limit immediately upon reboot, you can see the first 6 cores boost above the limit, then the limit kicks in on core 7/8 then I rerun again immediately after without restart.

5000limit.png

Immediately after, you can see they are all now limited to that 5000 mhz.

5000limit_2.png

0 Likes
5 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

Steakster, what OS are you running? John.

0 Likes

Windows 10 Home, V22H2

0 Likes

Steakster, Thanks. What utility are you using to display clocks? How are you setting these limits? Please install Ryzen Master (RM) and post a similar screenshot. John.

0 Likes

I am using OOCT to display the clocks under a load. I set the limits through my BIOS (Ryzen master does not allow you to set boost limits, only clock limits, and on non X3D chips). Ryzen Master shows same numbers as OCCT.  2image.png

0 Likes

Thanks, Steakster. I will look at this but please contact your MB vendor about this. John.

0 Likes