Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

yogev159
Adept I

7950x won't reach single core 5.7ghz

Hey,

I have 7950x paired with iCUE LINK H150i LCD 
for some reason, the  max boost that the CPU can do is 5.5ghz on all  cores and he won't go past that
non of the cores can go to 5.7ghz even though the CPU has the power and cooling that he needs
on single core test his temps are around 70c +- and he won't boost

what should I do?

0 Likes
21 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

yogev159, please list all your parts and screenshots of Ryzen Master (RM) running Cinebench R24 Multi core and Single core. John.

0 Likes

Hey,

My pc specs are :
CPU - 7950x
Mobo - Asus STRIX X670E-E
PSU - FSP Hydro PTM PRO 1200W PLATINUM Gen5

Ram -  Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB DDR5 7200MHz CL34
- another thing is weird that for the last 6 months the PC worked fine with 7200Mhz
now it will stuck on 0d when I restart and even will be stuck when it starts in the mobo logo
AIO -  iCUE LINK H150i LCD Liquid CPU Cooler

Case - Nzxt h9 flow

---
Cinebench R24 results -
multicore - 1960
single core - 116 (mp ratio 16.92 x)

This is single coreThis is single corethis is multicorethis is multicore

0 Likes

Thanks, yogev159, I have more looking to do, but on the single core run, there is another application running at 4026 MHz. What is running? Please close all other applications such as browsers and redo the single core test. Thanks, John.

EDIT: Please uninstall iCue before running test. What does "... 7200Mhz
now it will stuck on 0d..." mean?

0 Likes

Thank you,

about the "7200mhz and the 0d" 
for the last 6 months, I have been running my RAM at a speed of 7200hmz
for some reason it's failing to run it now, it started this month and when I restart the mobo will freeze at error code 0d (bad memory or something) I did tests with MemTest86 and it passed everything so for some reason the CPU fell to run with 7200hmz ram speed
--
I uninstalled icue and asus armoury crate and did a restart
the score is 115 and the 

Screenshot_15.png

0 Likes

yogev159, there is still a core running at 4026 MHz. Please figure out what that is and kill it. I have no use for the HWINFO, please do not post it. Thanks, John.

0 Likes

Np I closed HWINFO it was it
score still 115

0 Likes

yogev159, the memory and fabric clocks are different than in the last runs! Cannot compare! I recommend you uninstall HWinfo. Forget about the score. Your complaint is that clock will not reach 5700MHz. John.

0 Likes

About the memory you are right its because for some reason my motherboard will get 0d code and he will downclock the RAM... Even with 7200hmz speed or 4800hmz(currently)he won't push 5.7ghz

I removed HWINFO

0 Likes

yogev159, please go back to your old method of posting screenshots. They're easier to read. Please try a run with PBO enabled. Thanks, John.

EDIT: I really think we cannot understand this until the memory problem is corrected. Please contact your MB vendor and discuss the problem.

0 Likes

Hey this is with PBO enabled ,
I can't fix the memory problem because Asus won't really help for some reason the mobo will downclock the memory each time I do restart

Screenshot 2024-06-25 081604.png

0 Likes

I fixed the memory
It seems that Asus did something in the newest bios version
I rolled back to 1807 and it working good 
but the CPU still won't boost more than 5.5Ghz

They do that a lot. Thats why I'm on a super old BIOS

The Englishman
0 Likes

I didn't know, it was the first time I'd bought Asus
it's quite annoying it will be my first and last time buying them..

0 Likes

Its not that bad.... (add a bit of salt)
From most of the brands I've tried (can only tell my experience), they are the most relieable till now and they do issue a warning about upgrading the BIOS.

The Official ASUS DIY Market Rep states, if you are running with no issue, don't update BIOS.

The Englishman
0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Hi, your specs are very similar to mine, but I have the RoG Strix X670E A version and a weaker cooler, 240 Ryujin. Still... I can get 5.7 or 5.8ghz. Looks that something may be limiting your boosting capabilities.

To sum it up, you have solid VRMs, good cooling and core voltage is not even that high. Mine used to shoot up to 1.48v before tweaking so I find yours very strange.

What BIOS version are you running? Try checking if You are not running any sort of RoG AI optimizations, they do run some weird AUTO shtuff sometimes. A CMOS clear maybe in order.

In the meanwhile, did you plugged both EPS connectors? For the 7950X its highly recommended.

What can you try: Put the CPU at PBO Enabled instead of Auto and curve optimize it.

I understand that it should get higher boost clocks from stock. In my case, since my cooler is not up to par, I needed some extensive tweaking to get good temps and speed or I would't even get 5.5ghz.

As for the ram, 6000mhz and MCR enabled should make it rock stable. I'm running at that speed.

One last thing, do you remember the vSoC voltage when you ran at 7200? Whats the voltage at 4800mhz?

HWiNFO is not an issue, gives me solid readouts same as Ryzen Master and Armoury Crate. 

Good luck 

The Englishman
0 Likes

johnnyenglish, in my opinion HWinfo is a problem especially when it shows way out of bound numbers. If RM is available, it should be used. When getting 5.7 to 5.8 GHz what was PBO set to? Thanks, John.

0 Likes

I never trust on only one monitor, so I have 3 across the board, luckily and if the polling interval is well set, they show me the same results everytime. There are some known issues with HWinfo but its noticeable when that happens, normally affects voltages.

PBO on ASUS boards have the following settings:

PBO AUTO = CPU Decides but it does have some restrains
PBO Enabled = Board call the shots and sets less limits on CPU boosting
PBO Manual = it will bring up custom PPT and so on as well as scalar, thermal limits and the possibility of fixed clock boost
PBO EcoMode 170/105/65 = EcoMode presets
PBO Disable = well... its off. (Does not turn off CPB though)
PBO Enhancement = Don't really know, It doesn't show up on mine.

I have it customized, like I said before, my cooler is insuficient and I need to curve optimize it, as well as add more undervolt to get it under control.

The Englishman
0 Likes

Hey,
my bios version is 2007 it was 1709 I updated it
I deleted every ASUS thing and cleared CMOS 2 times just to make sure

both the ESPs are connected and I tried to use curve optimize  I even set it to -30 and the max that he boosted was around 5.4ghz  -5.5ghz

About the ram, I am not sure why but I am starting to think that my mobo is about to die? or something
it just started happening, when I restart he will stuck 0d sometimes OR after I update to 2007 he will now ignore docp and will downclock itself for no reason to 4800hmz... even though everything runs stable with 7200hmz (I had it for 6 months) this thing started this week

0 Likes
yogev159
Adept I

this is after I enabled docp but the weird thing is that the system is stable and working fine when I boot with 7200hmz I am not sure what going on, and you can see that the mobo will detect the ram as 4800hmz and he will ignore the docpWhatsApp Image 2024-06-25 at 08.24.37.jpegthis is after I enabled docpthis is after I enabled docp

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

After some investigation, looks like your single core is being affected by this, I would have a read.

Update on Ryzen 7000 C-State Boost Limiter - SkatterBencher

Boost Limit of 5.5Ghz on 7950x due to c-state lim... - AMD Community

The Englishman

thank you , they removed the limiter on AGESA 1005 
and it was limit when 4 cores are boosting the photos that I sent only one core was working the rest of them are sleeping

0 Likes