cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

chiqchui
Adept I

7950x windows10 multitasking issue

Hey everyone, I recently made the upgrade from an i7 9th gen to my first AMD CPU, r9 7950x, for multitasking and gaming purposes, particularly for MMORPGs like Mir4 and running multiple Android emulators simultaneously(you know the typical grindy korean mmorpg requires u to have multiple alts to progress faster in game)

im experiencing a frustrating issue with my Windows 10 system becoming unresponsive when any apps utilize ccd1. By default, all apps are assigned(0-31), there's a significant 2-3 sec delay in opening Windows folders and Explorer when ccd1 is active even my cpu usage is 20% of all cores. i barely even maximize utlizing it but my windows10 is already unresponsive.

I've tried using Process Lasso to assign all game clients and emulator instances to ccd0 (core 0-15) which blazingly make my windows10 browsing fast and smooth while doing general stuffs like browsing/1080p youtube/tiktok/etc.. but it pushes ccd0's utilization and temperature to uncomfortable levels 90c and 95% usage. Meanwhile, ccd1 remains underutilized and cool, but as soon as any app uses it, my Windows Explorer unresponsive again. it feels like ccd1 (core 16-31) is only reserved to windows10?

I need advice i want to utilize ccd1 too without windows10 explorer becoming unresponsive Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

specs: ryzen 9 7950x, msi b650 carbon wifi msi.

32gb ddr5 6000mhz expo.

rtx 3060 12gb.

1tb adata legend gen4 nvme ssd, + 4tb bracuda hdd.

750w seasonic gold psu.

windows10 pro (chipsets, bios, drivers are up to date)

0 Likes
1 Reply
misterj
Big Boss

chiqchui, please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) running Cinebench R24. Only images of RM. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes