cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

OzzieSandoval
Journeyman III

7840HS (780m) really low benchmark and game scores

Hello, I bought a new Lenovo Legion slim 7 and ran 3DMark Timespy benchmark. The scores I got for the 780m are REALLY low, almost half of what the average for this iGPU is. My 780m gets a score of 1810, when the average score is 3154. I am unable to run the most basic games on the iGPU when others can run AAA games on the same iGPU. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong or a setting I missed?

• Bios UMA buffer size = 2GB (only option is 512mb, 1gb and 2gb, tried all with no luck)
  • Memory Integrity is off (also tried it on with no luck)
  • Laptop plugged in to 230W charger
  • Lenovo Vantage - Performance
  • Lenovo Vantage - iGPU only (I am only testing the 780m, not the RTX4060. The 4060 gets a good average score)
  • All drivers are up to date
  • All programs are up to date (Windows, Microsoft Store, AMD Adrenalin, Lenovo Legion, etc)
  • I formatted my Laptop and reinstalled a fresh copy of Windows 11 but no luck

Please help, I am at a loss and my only option left is returning the laptop. Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Reply
OzzieSandoval
Journeyman III

Came back to update this post. The fix was to buy another 16gb DDR stick and that fixed the issue. My 780m is now hitting an average score of 3180. When I only had 1 stick it was only at 1810. What a HUGE difference.

0 Likes