cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

CON10R
Journeyman III

7800x3d

Just received this brand new 7800x3d today but seen these spots are on the chip is this a issue? 

50d6eca5-3954-409b-a4c4-16992982c579.jpg

0 Likes
5 Replies

I wouldn't worry about those tiny smudges. That could be some stain from the manufacturing process that wasn't cleaned off completely or some very minor spots or defects in the covering of the processor process.

The important thing is that the processor doesn't look damaged on the pin side and it works fine after installing it on your motherboard and there are no large burnt like stains or large stains in general on the processor.

0 Likes

And they have a tray model, who knows how it has been handled, stored?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
Koyote7667
Challenger

That is on the IHS,....  Like putting on thermal paste. Zero issue what so ever.   Hell is it even on the plastic and not the actual chip?  But no, that isnt the important bits mate. 

0 Likes
AliHermann
Journeyman III

It sounds like you're offering some reassuring advice. Indeed, small smudges or stains on the processor's surface may not be a cause for concern. As long as the processor functions properly and there are no significant defects or damage, it should be in working order. 

When I was a college student looking for a free essay sample, I went to this https://writinguniverse.com/free-essay-examples/sports/ website. You can find a wide range of free essay samples here, including ones on sports.
0 Likes
GerryFlatley
Journeyman III

Those small spots on the processor's surface are likely minor stains from the manufacturing process, often inconsequential. Focus on the chip's functionality and absence of damage. If it works well, there's probably no issue.

0 Likes