cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

DonkeyBong06
Adept I

7800x3d High Temperature

hi, I encountered a problem with the temperatures of my 7800x3d, as a heatsink I have a DeepCool LT720, when idle the processor stays at 64 degrees while during the game it is around 90, is it possible to have lower temperatures and maintain the same performance?

13 Replies
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Hi, this a widely debated topic so I'll be a man of few words.

Your cooler seems great and although 90 is still within safe operating temperatures 64 at idle is a bit off. Check your cooler pump if its working (making the whirring noise), touch the tubing coming out of the block, one should be colder. Have a look if its well seated, fan speed and all that for first troubleshooting.

Did you remove the plastic peel of the block, some AIO come with one.

Good luck 

The Englishman
misterj
Big Boss

DonkeyBong06, please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) running Cinebench R24 and at idle. Please post only images of RM. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

DonkeyBong06_0-1708263363965.png

0 Likes

DonkeyBong06, maximum temperature is 89C for your processor under stress and it is beginning to throttle (yellow meter at top of RM). You did not post an at idle image. Need to see it. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

DonkeyBong06, still need to se SS of RM at idle. What are your ambient temperatures. I doubt there is a problem with your processor. What was your Cinebench score? Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes
LondynChandler
Journeyman III

Replying for the updates.

0 Likes
Toology86
Adept I

Got a 7800x3d with a deep cool lt520 and my idle Temps are 37c and load 71c. Something seems very off.

AMD 7800X3D/Gigabyte 7900xtx/128gb DDR5
0 Likes

Do you recommend me to get another 7800x3d and replace the one I have now? to see if the processor I currently have is faulty.

0 Likes

I would suggest to reseat the block first, and verify your paste application is indicating good contact.

Also recommend you check for newer motherboard BIOS as some early versions had high vSoC when EXPO was enabled.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes
camilasophia69
Journeyman III

To lower temperatures on your 7800x3d with a DeepCool LT720 heatsink, consider reapplying thermal paste, ensuring proper airflow, and optimizing fan speeds. Additionally, you can undervolt the CPU for lower temperatures while maintaining performance.

0 Likes

Undervolting?  he's not even getting to 5Ghz out of box before it thermals man big red flag before you go down that road

0 Likes
HeyDoeAUD
Adept III

My 7800X3D CPU idles at 41c at its coolest using a Deepcool Assassin IV.  it was at about 47c to start off with but slowly came down for some reason... I re-pasted 3 times with identical results.  I've seen the same CPU and cooler combo as mine with idles as low as 30c -35c.  Honestly i think its the silicon lotto i lost... yours is thermal throttling well before it hits its 5Ghz.  Not a chance with that CPU cooler your idle is higher than mine.  If you've re-pasted and seated the cooler block with identical results i would contact your place of purchase and get them to run some of their tests and you will know if its a manufacturing issue..  good luck man post your idle screenshots and a pic of your case fan setups also,  positive pressure is important too dude...

0 Likes

To cool down your 7800x3d, make sure the cooler is properly attached with good thermal paste and that your computer has enough fans for airflow, adjusting fan speeds as needed. Check your BIOS settings to turn off extra power boosts, and close unnecessary programs. Consider using software to slightly lower the CPU voltage. If temperatures remain high, you might need a better cooler. Additionally, keep your computer and room clean and cool to help reduce heat.

0 Likes