cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

dBUG
Journeyman III

7800x3D + B650 + 3060 Lagg/spikes of doom in-game

Hi all. Writing here in order to maybe get help on solving this issue.

Currently very dissapointed in AMD products as I normally buy Intel and never had issues like this.

The issue is that when I join a game in Counter-Strike 2 I get these insane lagg spikes, people teleporting, and it feels like my character is getting "pushed" and then I die. There is absolutely no control whatsoever, It's unplayable.

I installed the Components myself and never experienced these problems before. 

Anyone have experience with this? I read something about "shader comp"..but I have no clue what I'm searching for really. May it be a bad install? faulty cpu? Integrated graphics interferring with external GPU? Anyone?

0 Likes
3 Replies

Are you using Nvidia GPU card (Nvidia Driver) or AMD Integrated Graphics (AMD Driver)?

Do you have assign in Windows Settings - Graphics for your game to run on your Nvidia GPU card (High Performance selection)?

There might be possibly a conflict between the AMD and Nvidia drivers so I would open a thread a Geforce Nvidia forum and see if it might be a driver issue with Nvidia beside opening a thread at AMD Forums.

I am not a gamer so I really can't give you any gaming suggestion except trying various Game Settings with AMD/NVIDA Control Panel to see if a certain feature might be causing your problems.

Also you can uninstall the AMD driver and use Device Manager to install just the AMD Driver and related software it needs to run and see if your Game issues are better or worse or fixed.

0 Likes

Hi -

The reason for posting it here is due to the only change in components are AMD related. I've used the 3060 together with old Intel system (i7@4790k) prior to the upgrade and I must say it performed better then than now despite heavy increase in FPS (400+).

I've looked all around internet now and it seems like they all complain about AMD CPU/GPU not being able to handle the way Shaders are stored. Which means I need to run around covering every inch of every single map for the shader details to store to avoid the insane lagg. As soon as there is an update I have to repeat this process.

So if there's no fix to it ..I must say AMD pretty much is not ment for gaming...despite tons of people rooting for it. 

Thanks for the update.

But when you play the game using your Nvida GPU card the AMD driver is not in effect and not working but the Nvida Graphic driver is the one being used, unless you are using the IGPU for playing your game than the AMD Graphic driver is in effect working.

I can't see why you would use the AMD IGPU and not your Nvidia GPU card for playing Graphic intensive games.

Isn't the Shaders used by the Graphic driver that is working? So shouldn't the Shaders be using the Nvidia Graphic driver instead of the AMD graphic driver?

Sorry if I sound ignorant but like I mentioned I am not a gamer or play games. Just trying to use what little information I have in a logical manner.

Trying to learn about Shaders found this Gaming Design website that explain about it: https://www.gamedesigning.org/learn/shaders/

It mentions that Shaders is used by OpenGL coding which is enabled by your GPU Graphic driver on your GPU card or IGPU.

How to Debug Shaders

Although shaders streamline the graphical rendering process of games, there is no guarantee everything will run smoothly 100% of the time. This means you have to roll up your sleeves and take a look under the hood once in a while.

To debug shaders, you need to harness some knowledge of coding in OpenGL. This is a cross-language, cross-platform program for rendering vertex shaders and graphics.

To check for errors, type in the command: GLenum glGetError();

If there is indeed an error, OpenGL will come back with different codes representing what exactly is going wrong. OpenGL makes it extremely simple to check and see what’s wrong. This ensures you aren’t stumbling around in the dark, trying to figure out what wasn’t working.

https://learnopengl.com/In-Practice/Debugging

Maybe you might want to open a OpenGL thread at AMD Forum's Vulkan/OpenGL by going here first: https://community.amd.com/t5/newcomers-start-here/bd-p/newcomer-forum

0 Likes