cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

CajunSands
Journeyman III

7800x 3d what a regretful purchase

coming from intel I bought into the hype. this piece of junk processor cant even do 5200 speed ram. Paired with an Asus B650E-E gaming motherboard and QVL ram rated at 6000.

very regretful purchase and you can bet I won't be buying into this team red BS anymore 

good job on giving the consumers crap while binning the review chips!

0 Likes
5 Replies
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

I'm sorry you feel that way, but maybe you need to optimize some settings. My 7800X3D is blistering fast and I get really high benchmarks. I'm also running RAM at 6000mhz no problem. Have you enabled PBO and EXPO in bios?

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
Koyote7667
Challenger

Running 6200 since January, and then 6400 when the new ageas dropped. Odd.....  If you want to sell that "bs chip" for cheap, ill buy it off you right now. 

lowteck
Miniboss

Did you set your memory to 6000 in the BIOS?

It does not do this automatically.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1048855/

Too Many CPUs & GPUs to list...
Nayansarker146dm
Journeyman III

good post

0 Likes

As usual they come in make a rant and don't stick by to notice most likely is USER error.!
what can you do!
And if they do notice they don't say anything to save face, sad indeed, they tried to help but the one who needs it, no where to be found.
Hey you got 2 offers me and @Koyote7667  we would buy it from you, how much?
Let's see how real this is or was it just a rant of someone who doesn't know what they are doing.