Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

hectorjrr
Adept I

5800x3d

Hello Community!, 

I just got the 5800x3d, manly for plating Star Citizen. I was doing some testing, and the improve is quite obvius, BUT, the processor nevers goes up more the 50ºC, (which i like it), but later i saw on the AMD panel, the voltage is stuck at 1v.. and never, never goes up more than 1v. Im not sure what is happening here, if the processor is preset like this from stock or somehting. The previous one was 3700x, and i never touch anything from the BIOS... I wonder if im loosing performance if i go like this, I mean, i like the temperature, really nice.. but not sure if this is correcto. 

Any suggestions?, 
Thanks anyway, 

Regards, 

5 Replies

Simple test is run 'CPU-Z>bench>stress cpu' with radeon perf. metrics window open to see volt. on load.

In idle should be around 1v.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Thanks for the reply, 

I will try to do some test as you suggest.  

it will tell me the optimus setting for undervolt profile or something like ClockTunner? (i cant use this one, dont know why). its quite weird, never going up of 1v in any game. And i wanted to do undervolr, but directly at 1v, no futher questions.. xD

Lets see how it goes, 

0 Likes

I believe any overclocking has been locked out on that cpu model.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Yeah, i heard that, but i dont want to do overclock.. just some undervolt to keep it fresher.. but i installed and is already in 1v. thats why. Its builded in a x570-i. 

i will do the test as you told me to check it out.

0 Likes
Jumu
Adept III

Load optimized defaults from bios, you should allways do that when changing cpu. Update bios aswell.

0 Likes