cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

nacho2015
Journeyman III

5800x3d not fully boosting anymore HELP!

Starting today, my 5800x3d is stuck at 4200 all core when it was fine for months at 4450. I have reinstalled the latest bios, chipset drivers and cleared CMOS. I have always had Kombo Strike 3 on with full load temps at 70c. Full load temps are now 50c, please help.RM.png

0 Likes
10 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

nacho2015, please post SSs of Ryzen Master (RM) both Basic and Advanced views running Cinebench R23. Please no other SSs but RM and do not cut off the top, bottom or sides. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I don't have a basic view option for some reason, hopefully the Advanced view works!

0 Likes

Sorry, nacho2015. You do not have a Basic view because 5800X3D is Locked and not capable of OCing. This is a bad decision by AMD. I should have been aware of this. I suspect CPB (Core Performance Boost) has been Disabled in your BIOS. Please go into your BIOS and if you find it Disabled please Enable it or set it to Auto. Mine defaulted to Auto and works fine. Thanks and enjoy, John.

Hi John, Just looked and CPB is on auto already.

0 Likes

Thanks, nacho2015. Please post a SS of RM running the application that was running 4450 MHz. The run from CB was throttling because of all the meters at the top that are red. You can increase these limits because you have plenty of headroom in temperature. AMD may call it OCing and since I do not work for AMD my suggestion does not get you out of their wrath. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

r23 has always worked and boosted properly, I don't know what changed. Here's a memory benchmark that boosts properly.RM2.png

0 Likes

Thanks, nacho2015. Looks good to me. Please post again if you see it repeat and be sure to post SSs of RM. Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

It does boost but for r23 it's not and I've never had an issue with any red readings or not boosting in r23 before. Thank you for your help tho!

0 Likes

nacho2015, it is boosting for CB R23 to 4219 MHz, see above. Then we see the three red gauges indicating throttling. Here is a SS of how to increase the limits that are stopping you at 4219 MHz. Please be careful. The limits it opened with in my case were way too high, so I suggest you start a little above the current limits and work your way up till you are happy. Enjoy, John.

PBO.jpg

0 Likes

The 5800x3d doesn't have those options, no oc or pbo. I have Kombo Strike enabled which is -30 all core but cant change anything else due to AMD locking this chip down. There is still no explanation as to why I have sudden poor performance in cinebench when it worked perfectly fine up until today. It boosted to 4449 all core and I had no red limiters, something changed but I cant figure it out.

0 Likes